Conflicts between DVDFAB and ANYDVD?

vbimport

I have AnyDVD running in the background and have also been using DVDFAB. When I did the latest update of DVDFAB, I got a message saying there were some sort of conflicts with ANYDVD. Do I need to uninstall one of these or shutdown ANYDVD if I am ripping with DVDFAB? I have been having problems ripping Rendition to my Hard drive. I hadn’t upgraded DVDFAB recently so now am up to 4.1.2.0 and unsure whether I can have ANYDVD running in the background or not.

Shut down AnyDVD when running DVDFab… i do.

Like Bob said shut down anydvd before you start dvdfab. I have both installed on my computer and no problems when I use each program seperately.

Thanks guys, that was probably the problem all along but it wasn’t obvious until I did the upgrade. My trial on ANYDVD is just about up so I will try just going with DVDFAB.

…Doyle

[QUOTE=winemaker;2040070]Thanks guys, that was probably the problem all along but it wasn’t obvious until I did the upgrade. My trial on ANYDVD is just about up so I will try just going with DVDFAB.

…Doyle[/QUOTE]

Yo doyle-

I use DVD Fab Gold exclusively for my backup copies (and also own anyDVD) and find that DVD Fab does it all for me - especially when you keep it current-eh!!

For a real long time i almost exclusively used this process:
DvdFab Hd Decrypter (freeware)

FixVts (freeware)

Dvd Shrink (freeware)

ImgBurn (freeware)

So…it is possible to stick to freeware and continue to make good quality backups. DvdFab Hd Decrypter is updated often, ImgBurn has updated twice very recently. It’s a good process for those wishing to keep it free and not sacrifice quality.

Yo-

I figure that my time is worth the $40 cost of DVD Fab Golds one click ‘set it and forget it’ feature vs the 6-700 burns I have used it for-eh!! (40 divided by 600 = .66/10 of one cent)-eh!!

off topic:

yeah i use ImgBurn for a lot of DL burns or just to rip. I also am a firm believer in donating to the authors plus all these paid for apps i have now :doh:

If you like and use it donate :iagree:

[quote=7thSinger;2040080]For a real long time i almost exclusively used this process:
DvdFab Hd Decrypter (freeware)

FixVts (freeware)

Dvd Shrink (freeware)

ImgBurn (freeware)

So…it is possible to stick to freeware and continue to make good quality backups. DvdFab Hd Decrypter is updated often, ImgBurn has updated twice very recently. It’s a good process for those wishing to keep it free and not sacrifice quality.[/quote]
Yes these are good freeware if you not have the money to buy a payware or not want to buy. I have tried them all and liked them but then I invested in dvdfab platinum for it’s mobile options and its 1 click for dvd movie back up and fell in love with it.

I uninstalled the ANYDVD trial last night and DVDFABHD had no problem ripping the movie. Thanks again for the help.

…Doyle

Just to clear this up, i certainly don’t want to lead anyone to believe --based on my previous post – that i strictly use freeware proggies and give nothing back. In the end i purchased DvdFab Platinum, and have donated to ImgBurn, among other Apps i frequently use. I was only trying to convey that it is perfectly possible to stick with the freeware train and make good quality backups, if money is a problem.

So, again i certainly hope i did not leave the wrong impression. I too am a believer in supporting those that make sure we can make our backup copies.

[quote=7thSinger;2040497]Just to clear this up, i certainly don’t want to lead anyone to believe --based on my previous post – that i strictly use freeware proggies and give nothing back. In the end i purchased DvdFab Platinum, and have donated to ImgBurn, among other Apps i frequently use. I was only trying to convey that it is perfectly possible to stick with the freeware train and make good quality backups, if money is a problem.

So, again i certainly hope i did not leave the wrong impression. I too am a believer in supporting those that make sure we can make our backup copies.[/quote]
No wrong impression with me as in some of your other posts you mentioned you had dvdfab platinum. We all start out with the free proggies and trials and still use the free ones even after we purchase one we like.