Conflict after windows 10 upgrade

vbimport

I have an HP Probook 6555b that I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro.when I boot up,at the start screen I get an error box with Microsoft visual c++.I press ok then proceed but there is a problem somewhere needs solved.can anyone here help?also I have 3 other people that are experiencing the same problem.Help??

Microsoft visual c++ is installed by many different programs. I have 13 different instances of it on my computer, each one necessary for the program that installed it, so it is difficult to narrow down your issue.

[QUOTE=meanone2;2780073]I have an HP Probook 6555b that I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro.when I boot up,at the start screen I get an error box with Microsoft visual c++.I press ok then proceed but there is a problem somewhere needs solved.can anyone here help?also I have 3 other people that are experiencing the same problem.Help??[/QUOTE]

I’ll second Kerry56 on this, but as a general thought, do you have any Windows 7 or 8.1 SDK (Software Development Kit), DDK (Driver Development Kit) installed? Visual C++ is typically installed with these packages and when you upgrade, uninstalling any such packages related to your prior operating system(s) might help. :flower:

A small update since there is little information to go on apart from the resulting requester. You could try to use Autoruns from Windows Sysinternals and see if it reveals any cause of your challenge with C++ - If this happens before you log on (I am a little uncertain what you mean by the start screen), the cause is probably down to a service (there is a tab for each autostart type in addition to the starting ‘Everything’ tab to narrow down the results and making it easier to pinpoint the culprit).
You may want to right-click the Autoruns.exe executable and choose ‘Run as Administrator’ from the context menu depending on your user’s assigned rights. :flower:

All I see is microsoft visual c++ runtime error.I dont know of anything else kerry.Thats all I can tell you.Previous os was windows 7.Xercus Ill try what you say’Also I would say my home screen.Wallpaper,shortcuts,etc.Thanks for your patience.Hope that helps to narrow.

I found this Program C;WINDOWS\system32\atibtmon.exe I really need help and hopefully you guys can make sense of this.Look forward to hearing back.

Your laptop uses ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 video. The atibtmon.exe is part of the software dealing with brightness adjustment. Take a look at this thread and see if their solution for Windows 8 works for you in Windows 10.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2780158]Your laptop uses ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 video. The atibtmon.exe is part of the software dealing with brightness adjustment. Take a look at this thread and see if their solution for Windows 8 works for you in Windows 10.

kerry56,thanks so much for the link.it has several solutions.the one that worked for me was going into windows settings and setting eco and balance settings.this will help anyone with runtime errors.Again thanks so much for your time and patience in helping me and others.we appreciate you guys.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2780158]Your laptop uses ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 video. The atibtmon.exe is part of the software dealing with brightness adjustment. Take a look at this thread and see if their solution for Windows 8 works for you in Windows 10.

Thanks for your help.Your patience and time spent helping us find solutions is invaluable.Your link did the trick.God Bless.

Glad you found a solution. Its always good to hear that there has been a positive result.