Confirmed: failure with FIFA 2003, Alcohol and Liteon 48125W

As the subject says…I used my liteon for reading and writing (I disabled EFM correction option, only DAO RAW writing checked). the backup disc pass the check :wink:

Sorry for the previous message but it seems that when the installation at the end tries to run the game and finds that you have copied the game (for example you put the installation discs into the cd-r, so it finds the ATIP infos), then the game will never run (also from the original disc!).

Shouldn’t CloneCD’s hide CD-R feature hide the ATIP data?

Three things.

First, fifa 2003 is hotwired to only run from the drive from which it was installed (unless you hack the registry).

Second, a number of sd 2.8x games will refuse to run from the original after attempting to run a back-up copy unsuccessfully. You’ll often get a message to the effect that your registry is corrupted and you need to re-install. Actually, you don’t need to but you will have to re-boot before trying again either with the original or a copy.

Three, if you’ve installed the game from a writer and want to run it from that drive, you’ll still have to enable clonecd’s hide cd media or an equivalent utility before running a copy from that drive.

Originally posted by philamber
…you’ll still have to enable clonecd’s hide cd media or an equivalent utility before running a copy from that drive.
Always enable :Hide CD-R Media before loading the disc; and I emphasise what philamber said about a reboot - if you get a failed start then reboot

P.S.

my backup of Fifa 2003 made with DDump an Fireburner

now works after reinstalling my OS.

Good Man ! :bow: