Configuration of Samsung S082H

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Samsung SN-S082H. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]I own a HP Pavilion ZD8460ea. This laptop is equipped with a TSST LS-532M flashed to a Toshiba SDR5672M TU05 then TU07 as troubleshooting steps to solve a problem. Unfortunately unsuccefully so now I move to the next step,drive replacement. I want to purchase the Samsung S082H. I have chosen this drive because it has all the functionality I desire at a cost considerably below options being offer by HP or its parts resellers. Having little experience with laptop repair I need assistance. Since this is a jumperless drive I would like to understand if it will arrive as a master or slave. I assume this is set by the version of firmware on the drive. If the system doesn’t recognize the drive at installation how would I go about reflashing it? I have downloaded firmware SB01 from Samsung. However this is a windows flash program so how would it work if the system doesn’t recognize the drive? Can you suggest steps I should take prior to ordering the drive so I can be ready when it arrive so I can avoid problems. Thank You:confused: