Concerning Video Media for DVD

vbimport

Here’s a newb question for you. I have a large collection of foreign and old animated episodes on several discs. One series is completely divx encoded avi files. The other series is all real media format. So here’s my question.

What would it take to get these video files burnt onto a DVD disc in a way that would allow me to watch them on my standalone player? I’ve vaguely seen reference to converting divx avi files into VCD format, but I wouldn’t know where to look. As for the .rm files, would I need to cnovert them? If so how. And would I need some kind of boot disc to be able to even view this on the DVD player (which, in my case, is a PS2). I would greatly appreciate any insight on this.

Originally posted by Ransom13
I’ve vaguely seen reference to converting divx avi files into VCD format, but I wouldn’t know where to look.

Reading the tutorials on this forum might be a good start…

The search button is a second valuable tip

Alright, that helps with the DivX part, but the biggest series I have is on Real Media, and searching that didn’t seem to yield anything useful. Is there anyway that a standalone DVD player will read RM, or would I have to convert it somehow?

More than likely you will have to convert it.
TMPGenc can do this. Not trying to push something outside out of our forum, but try vcdhelp.com.