Computer wont boot

vbimport

I am having a problem with one of my computers not booting and i am not sure whats going on with it.

here’s a link to a video of what it does when it boots,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ6m5_tWpTg

:doh:

Not sure, could be hardware or software. Can you boot into the bios?

Whoa! Nice graphics! :slight_smile:

It seems that the video display adapter is doing something seriously wrong.

Did you perhaps change/add extra components/memory to the computer? Cover some heatsink? Had the cat explode various hairballs in the air ducts? :slight_smile:

Did you change the harddisk or hear strange screeching noises coming from it?

I doubt your computer (a Dell DXP061 if i read correctly) is under warranty, since it was manufactured around the year 2006.

If nothing was added to the machine, i would suggest cleaning it with a little compressed air. Perhaps there is some dust clotting around the fans. Do the fans make an afwul lot of noise?

If all else fails, perhaps you could have it checked at with the aid of a qualified technician (or your brother’s nephew cousins’ former roommate who knows something about IT).

There is also, a newer bios available. If i read correctly you now have version 2.5.0, and there is a version 2.5.3 available. The 2.5.3 bios makes the network interface card more compatible, nothing else. But perhaps it also changed some serious error. I don’t know.

WARNING!

Upgrading the bios to a malfunctioning computer CAN DESTROY IT FOREVER.

It could be your bios set-up…It could be the the software…check it under you BIOS

Most common for booting problems is driver issue, so I’d try go into good ole SafeMode and see what happens. If you can get into SM then it’s a driver issue and you can play w/ it from there.

See if you can Boot into Safe Mode, hit the F8 Key as it Boots up to access. Then you can do a System Recovery, back to a date when it was working fine. :cool:

[QUOTE=alchav21;2556794]See if you can Boot into Safe Mode, hit the F8 Key as it Boots up to access. Then you can do a System Recovery, back to a date when it was working fine. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Ah forgot all about the recovery, good one :bigsmile: