Computer shuts down while playing games

vbimport

My computer started shutting down about a month ago especially when playing high performance games. It never used to happen as I was able to play games like Fallout or COD fine, but now I can barely run SC2 without it shutting down in 5 minutes.

The specs for my computer are as follows:

Mobo: EVGA nForce 680i SLI
CPU: Intel Quad Q6600
GPU: EVGA GeForce 8800GT 512mb
Ram: 4gb, 2 modules of DDR2 SDAM
Harddrives: WD 400gb, Seagate 1tb, and WD Black 1tb
Optical Drives: 1 DVD±RW Drive
PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 600W

I cleaned out all the dust from my computer, and my cpu/psu/gpu fans are all spinning fine. I’m pretty sure my PSU is sufficient so I think it may be an overheating issue. My motherboard is around 42 degrees, CPU at 51 degrees, GPU around 57 when watching a movie on my computer. My GPU runs to about 85 during games and my computer will shut down. I usually don’t have time to check what the other temps are but are these too high?

Thanks in advance

You might have to check our heat sink compound on your CPU if it still works could be not transferring the heat correctly anymore. But also could be your PSU can’t not supply the needed power or is faulty now. How long have you had your computer?

Try increasing the fan speed on the GPU when gaming. You can use EVGA precision tool to raise the fan speed, try at least 80% when gaming.