Computer Shuts Down while burning DVD in Nero 8

vbimport

I new at this so here goes…my computer HP slimline s3123w shuts down when i try too burn dvd in nero8. This started in nero 7, so since i have vista i updated too nero 8. I have SCSI cdrom device. I opened the case cleaned cpu fan( it was not very dusty) still no luck. I emailed nero tech support they have not answered back.
I burned a music cd worked great.
Am checking daily for driver updates but none yet
I burn DVD using AVI movies. ( or i did …lolol)

It still sounds like a heat issue to me. Try running a different CPU intensive program like Prime95 or some such and see if that makes it fail.

Thank you teddy. I downloded prime 95 ran it and my computer down 7 mins into the test. Since i could not get a log rom prime 95 i assume that your correct and is a cpu issue.

If you feel comfortable about cleaning the CPU fan, try pulling the fan off and see if the heatsink is loose or clogged with dust. You might also need to apply new thermal compound (Arctic Silver is a good brand).

Download mb5 or speedfan and check your temps. If they are ok, you might also want to consider a power supply problem. mb5 and speedfan can report voltages too (though software reporting of voltages isn’t accurate on all motherboards).

Thanks very much for the help both of you…i will try ya’lls suggestions

You might check Nero 8 to see if there is a box checked that says shut down computer when complete. Ive not used nero in a long time.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2108144]If you feel comfortable about cleaning the CPU fan, try pulling the fan off and see if the heatsink is loose or clogged with dust. You might also need to apply new thermal compound (Arctic Silver is a good brand).[/QUOTE]
Hi I just wanted too say thank you for the help! Today I removed the cpu fan , cleaned the die and applied DYNX silver thermal compound. Burned a movie with nero 8 and it worked great. I also noticed my computer runs quieter and cooler…doesn’t make the whirring nosies like it did before.
Again thanks so much for your help.
kw-1