Computer shutdown when DVDFab4 burns a disc

I have Windows Vista (hate it with the heat of a thousand suns:a) and a friend installed DVDFab4 on my computer a few weeks ago. Everything was fine (love this system after DVD Shrink and Nero were screwed up by a cat jumping on the keyboard and freezing it up) and then one night while a disc was burning we had a power surge or something and the copying failed. From that point on I had occasions of backing up a disc, then when I tried to burn the disc the computer would reboot and I would get a message saying that “Windows had recovered from an unexpected shutdown.” which I had no control over.

After this went on for a few days (and I had a few titles in the DVDFab memory which I deleted) I cleared a few things out of the hard drive to free up some memory-which it did-and that seemed to fix things for a while. Then two days ago everything I tried to copy would reboot the computer when I tried to burn a disc. I tried to uninstall the program then reinstall but the problem persists. People I have talked to say it works for them with no problems but they don’t have Vista, either. Am I screwed?:sad:

It’s not so easy to diagnose a problem when the user is using outdated software.

The problem is most likely due to your power surge.

According to the power strip the computer is plugged into, it appears there was no surge (a light would have changed color on the strip), so I don’t know what happened that evening.

And-the program appears to be working again, so go figure. . .:doh:

I know there is a new version of DVDFab out there, but according to my friends who have this one, and considering this is Vista I’m dealing with, I’m really not sure how much of an improvement there will be and what headaches that would cause.

[quote=JeffryDVD;2233276]According to the power strip the computer is plugged into, it appears there was no surge (a light would have changed color on the strip), so I don’t know what happened that evening.

And-the program appears to be working again, so go figure. . .:doh:

I know there is a new version of DVDFab out there, but according to my friends who have this one, and considering this is Vista I’m dealing with, I’m really not sure how much of an improvement there will be and what headaches that would cause.[/quote]
I’m running vista and DVDFab5 works awesome on it. The improvement would to be able to back up the new releaase movies that have copy protection that DVDFab4 cannot copy

[quote=JeffryDVD;2233233]I have Windows Vista (hate it with the heat of a thousand suns:a) [B]and a friend installed DVDFab4 on my computer[/B] a few weeks ago. Everything was fine (love this system after DVD Shrink and Nero were screwed up by a cat jumping on the keyboard and freezing it up) and then one night while a disc was burning we had a power surge or something and the copying failed. From that point on I had occasions of backing up a disc, then when I tried to burn the disc the computer would reboot and I would get a message saying that “Windows had recovered from an unexpected shutdown.” which I had no control over.

After this went on for a few days (and I had a few titles in the DVDFab memory which I deleted) I cleared a few things out of the hard drive to free up some memory-which it did-and that seemed to fix things for a while. Then two days ago everything I tried to copy would reboot the computer when I tried to burn a disc. I tried to uninstall the program then reinstall but the problem persists. People I have talked to say it works for them with no problems but they don’t have Vista, either. Am I screwed?:sad:[/quote]
Your friend didn’t have the right to install DVDFab on your computer, this means you are running a illegal copy of DVDFab.
Since this is the DVDFab forum that means we give help only to those who have a legal registration of DVDFab products.

SJ