Computer Restarts When Using YouTube

vbimport

Recently, my brother’s HD went bad. I replaced it yesterday and formatted the new one with WinXP SP2. Today, I downloaded all of the drivers and updated to SP3. After that, I tried doing some update to the .net framework. While this update was going on, I decided to go to YouTube so I could download Flash. When I Clicked on the video, the computer randomly restarted. I’ve tried this several times using both Internet Explorer and Chrome. This keeps happening. This computer never used to have this problem.

Just in case it matters, the HD I put in is a WD Caviar Blue 500GB. Also, I upgraded the RAM from 512MB to 1GB.

I don’t really know what .net framework is, so I’m not sure if it has anything to do with my computer crashing. Just to be sure, I’m going to let it finish installing and then try YouTube again. Does anyone have any suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated.

I wonder if you would get the same issue when you would use another browser. Did ya also update flash to the latest version? Get it at adobe.com

I already said that I used both Internet Explorer and Crhome.

I just tried viewing another flash video from Dailymotin and the same thing happened. Can anyone tell me what this means?

[QUOTE=Grim107;2535239]Recently, my brother’s HD went bad. I replaced it yesterday and formatted the new one with WinXP SP2. Today, I downloaded all of the drivers and updated to SP3. After that, I tried doing some update to the .net framework. While this update was going on, I decided to go to YouTube so I could download Flash.[/QUOTE]

That last part is the mistake you did never go online or do anything else when your updating. You should first get the downloads for the update then update then go and youtube all you want. Adobe already has the updates for flash and shockwave players.