So I have put together a computer for my father. It’s a P4 Prescott, socket 478, Abit IC7-G mobo, 400W Mercury PSU, 1x NEC DVD-RW and 1x WD1600JS, with Radeon 9550, 2x 512 MB RAM. Now this computer worked flawlessly till the summer 2007. Then I took it apart and set up a new computer for me in the same housing. I have basically put together my old computer but as soon as I press the switch it does nothing.
If I remember correctly there was a red LED that went on when the mobo got power. I can’t see that anywhere. I was checking the voltage of the battery and it’s 3.00V. I really don’t know if that’s normal. All power supplying units (in this case batteries) have a bit higher voltage that labeled when they are new. Should I get a new battery? Can a computer still boot with battery? The battery should be CR2032H 3V.
I also tried to clear the CMOS and it does not help. I have cleaned most of the dust on the mobo and PSU so that couldn’t be that much of a problem.
I also checked the PSU’s voltage on +12V (yellow) and COM and it reads 0.14V which is somehow confusing.
Any help? Please! My old man is really looking forward to start browsing and googling.