Computer Not Able To Read BluRay

vbimport

I have Lincoln on Blu Ray. It plays fine on my standalone BluRay player, however, I cannot play it/read it on my computer. The BR never stops spinning. Nero BR player won’t read it and I even tried to use AnyDVD HD, DVDFab 9 and Ideal to get it to read with no success. Any ideas?

Stupid question but Do you have a BR Drive installed on Computer?

I’m stupid, but not that stupid. Yes.:cool:

[QUOTE=AGJ;2684081]Stupid question but Do you have a BR Drive installed on Computer?[/QUOTE]

Have you tried uninstalling the BR drive in device manager and then reboot to let windows re install it.

As it has no problems reading other BR, can’t imaging that would do anything. Suspected bad disc, but then why would standalone player read it without any issues? Didn’t know if this was a new type of protection – doubt it but just wanted to see if anyone else had any other ideas. Thank you.

[QUOTE=AGJ;2684114]Have you tried uninstalling the BR drive in device manager and then reboot to let windows re install it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Love_Renee;2684125]As it has no problems reading other BR, can’t imaging that would do anything. Suspected bad disc, but then why would standalone player read it without any issues? Didn’t know if this was a new type of protection – doubt it but just wanted to see if anyone else had any other ideas. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I haven’t heard any reports about this disc so I presume there’s nothing unusual with it protection wise.

Players are more fault tolerant than rippers because a ripper has to be able to properly read the file whereas the player just skips the error and continues.

I’ve had several discs in the past that wouldn’t rip but would play fine on standalones. It just depends on how severe the problem is.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Has anyone developed a software like IsoPuzzle for BR ?

[QUOTE=cholla;2684237]Has anyone developed a software like IsoPuzzle for BR ?[/QUOTE]

It’s not listed in the specs as the program hasn’t been updated since 2008 but IsoPuzzle works with Blu-ray too as despite the video being in a different format the file system on Blu-rays is UDF 2.50.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Good to know Wombler .

[QUOTE=cholla;2684270]Good to know Wombler .[/QUOTE]

Well TBH I think most people would assume it doesn’t work since Blu-ray wasn’t about then but the UDF file system was though.

[B]Wombler[/B]