Computer freezes when I put burned DVD's in

Hi guys.

I recently purchased a Toshiba Satalite L25-S1193 laptop. The laptop has a TssTcorp Ts-L462C DVD drive in it. When I insert a burned DVD into the laptop, nothing happens. So, if I double click on the D drive to open it, my whole computer freezes and I have to cntrl alt del Mycomputer. If I try to play the DVD in any software, the application will freeze as well.

If I insert the DVD into my other desktop, it will play fine without a problem. If I insert a commercial DVD into my laptop, it will play fine as well.

Is there a problem with my DVD drive in my laptop, that will keep it from playing burned DVDs? If so, what can I do about that?

Thanks guys.

close all other programs (virusscanners, monitoring software and so forth) and test again.

@ irodex,

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you ensured that this ‘burned DVD’ that fails to play correctly in your Toshiba Satellite L25-S1193 laptop commuter is correctly reordered and is free of any errors.

Just because this suspect ‘burned DVD’ appears to play properly in one DVD device does not mean that it was recorded correctly and doesn’t contain errors. Each DVD device has a different threshold level and some DVD devices are more tolerant in reading errors than other DVD devices.

Suggest acquiring a copy of Nero CD-DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_410.zip) and using your desk top computer perform a Nero CD-DVD Speed ScanDisc surface scan of the suspect ‘burned DVD’ DVD disk and check for errors. A properly recorded ‘burned DVD’ DVD disk should not contain any errors. If the Nero CD-DVD Speed ScanDisc surface scan reveals errors is most likely the cause that this ‘burned DVD’ will not play properly in your Toshiba Satellite L25-S1193 laptop commuter.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Nero’s INCD, and Sonic DLA can also cause this sort of problem. Make sure that you don’t have these installed on your pc.