Computer freezes at boot up screen

vbimport

Hi

My computer specs are as follows:

CPU: Core 2 Quad @ 2.33GHz
RAM: 2 X 1GB DDR2 800MHz RAM Sticks
HDD: 370 GB

when i start up my computer the windows XP loading screen freezes, then i have to restart. from there i can go to start windows normally, safe mode and etc…

Then if i go to start windows normally it works (the windows XP loading screen loads properly as well the second time).

I don’t know whats the prolem. I tried to fix it by installing windows vista basic. But after few days, the same stuff started happening at the vista loading screen.

Help needed …

Can you boot successfully in safe mode? If so, it’s an software issue. Remove everything from the system and reinstall a clean operating system?

Can you boot successfylly from a linux live boot cd? (Get one at ubuntu.com or something).

Hi

I can boot in safe mode, but do you know what software might be causing this , i tried windows repair, but didn’t help.

thanks

[QUOTE=Hashashin;2532043]Hi

I can boot in safe mode, but do you know what software might be causing this , i tried windows repair, but didn’t help.

thanks[/QUOTE]
It could be anything, from drivers to programs or tools. Can you remember which particular drivers/programs you updated recently? Can you uninstall those changes?

I had done a fresh install, and installed many programs, some of which are:

nero 7
Registry mechanic
AOE III , warchiefs,asian dynasties.
red alert 3
Adobe reader
real player
power DVD
AnyDVD
Clone CD
Norton 360
uTorrent
DAM
Xilisoft converter
AVS converters

and many more…

But how would i know which one caused the problem?

thanks

The only way is to remember which program you last installed when the problems started.

Otherwise you need to remove programs one by one and see if it removes the problem.

If not, you can only do a reinstall of the operating system.