Computer Freezes after placing a cd in, using lite-on LH20A1s

I have 9LO2 on my 20A1s and when i place a cd in, it begins to read but then freezes the whole comp, but as if i place a blank cd in, it just reads it normally and gives the options of what to do etc.

anyone have any inputs? please?

:bow:to anyone

Some incompatibility with your SATA controller settings or drivers.

I think 9L08 firmware is current for your drive, but that probably won’t help with your problem.

Welcome to the forums.

how can i change or fix it?

thanks

[QUOTE=kehvynh;1933753]I have 9LO2 on my 20A1s and when i place a cd in, it begins to read but then freezes the whole comp, but as if i place a blank cd in, it just reads it normally and gives the options of what to do etc.

anyone have any inputs? please?

:bow:to anyone[/QUOTE]

Have you tried this firmware from liteon?
http://www.liteonit.com/DOWNLOADS/ODD/LH-20A1S/firmware/RW209L08.zip

Maybe a update in the firmware might be the problem but also make sure you are flashing with the correct firmware as well. So do you have anyother burner program running on your system? Your response is confusing? Can you clarify the problem a little more??? Usually a blank cd or dvd will give you the option to burn or format option depending on what burning program you have beside the O/S options. Also what O/S do you have?

Can you see your drive in device manager and also when you get into the BIOS setup screen can you see the drive as well? Also what kinda hardware is the drive connect with - ie as what kinda of laptop or desktop system?

[QUOTE=kehvynh;1933766]how can i change or fix it?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Make & model of your motherboard might help to check which SATA controller you have. :slight_smile:

[quote=coolcolors;1933767]Have you tried this firmware from liteon?
http://www.liteonit.com/DOWNLOADS/ODD/LH-20A1S/firmware/RW209L08.zip

Maybe a update in the firmware might be the problem but also make sure you are flashing with the correct firmware as well. So do you have anyother burner program running on your system? Your response is confusing? Can you clarify the problem a little more??? Usually a blank cd or dvd will give you the option to burn or format option depending on what burning program you have beside the O/S options. Also what O/S do you have?[/quote]

Yeah i have updated to the 9L08 firmware, then i just went back to the 9L02. I have no burning program installed. It’s just the windows options (Open writable cd folder, Burn with Windows media player).

Yes I can see it both in BIOS and in the device manager. It’s windows xp on a desktop.

AMD Athlon X2/Athlon FX/Athlon 64/Sempron

[QUOTE=kehvynh;1933827]Yes I can see it both in BIOS and in the device manager. It’s windows xp on a desktop.

AMD Athlon X2/Athlon FX/Athlon 64/Sempron[/QUOTE]

What version of Media player do you have? Also did you check on the manufacture web site about their motherboard? Sometimes they have BIOS updates there as well and solutions to test your board…I think the problem might be with Media player… Did you do a test like just use explore and do a copy and past and see if it will write doing that way?? Sounds more like software problem rather then hardware problem…but also be good to know the make and firmware of your motherboard as well??

You’d want to get a proper burning application like Nero or ImgBurn as well. XP doesn’t know about DVD burners too well.