Computer DVD/CD-ROM Drives and DVD Region Codes/Format

vbimport

I have a number of European DVDs with region code 0 and PAL format. They obviously don’t play on my DVD recorders (Panasonic DMR-ES45VS and Magnavox MDR513H) because those machines only play region 1 codes. They play fine on my computer however which has a 16X DVD+/-RW optical drive (HL-DT-ST-DVD±RW GSA-H73N) and Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a Dell Inspiron 530S.

I would like to know if I can expect ANY computer DVD/CD-ROM drive to be able to read any region code or format (such as PAL) or did I just get lucky and happen upon a computer, OS and drive that will read this code (region code 0) and PAL format? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Usually a region-free patched firmware is required for the [SIZE=2]drive.

:cool::cool:
[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Tumbleweed1;2671839]I have a number of European DVDs with region code 0 and PAL format. They obviously don’t play on my DVD recorders (Panasonic DMR-ES45VS and Magnavox MDR513H) because those machines only play region 1 codes. They play fine on my computer however which has a 16X DVD+/-RW optical drive (HL-DT-ST-DVD±RW GSA-H73N) and Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a Dell Inspiron 530S.

I would like to know if I can expect ANY computer DVD/CD-ROM drive to be able to read any region code or format (such as PAL) or did I just get lucky and happen upon a computer, OS and drive that will read this code (region code 0) and PAL format? Thanks in advance for any feedback.[/QUOTE]

Regon 0 is [U]all[/U] regions and will play in any computer.

For other regions you can install a program such as DVD43 which will override the region restrictions.

[B]Wombler[/B]