Computer does not start up

vbimport

I have a 80486 DX 40 which won’t start up. I typed once a BIOS Password, but I forgot that one. So for me it isn’t possible to change the boot sequence from C,A to A,C. What next to do? The BIOS is an AMI-Bios which dates back from 08/08/93. Is there an universal password or something. I’d like to use this 486 as a LINUX Server. Flappie.

Try something like:

AMI
ami
AMIDECODE
PASS
PASSOFF
PASSWORD
AMI_SW
A.M.I.
AMI!SW
AMI?SW
HEWITT RAND
CONDO
J64
BIOS
SETUP
CMOS
BIOSSTAR
BIOSTAR
admin
system

If that doesn’t work: Take your CMOS out of you computer, and put it after a while back in…

Take the small button cell battery off the motherboard and leave it out for about 24 hours and then put it back in. Switch the computer back on and no bios password.

Some motherboards have a jumper next to the battery and if u change the jumper after getting the battery out it will discharge the power to the cmos and then you can put it all back without waiting for 24 hours.

I have an K7T Pro.V1, mainboard with an Award Bios. I tried all other software solutions to no avail -Could not log in to Bios.
Did exactly as you said and had fixed in 5 mins. Just took out battery and moved the jumper on Bat1 from one place to next and back. Put battery back and All fixed.
Thank you,
Ross

/me thinks this is in the wrong forum :wink:

Me thinks you’re correct. :iagree:

he is correct