Computer crashed, now anydvd won't work

Hi. I’ve used AnyDVD a lot before my computer crashed with no problems. Now since I’ve restored everything I can’t make a workable copy. I re-downloaded AnyDVD’s latest version and the program seems to be working fine until I try to burn a DVD- the burn seems to lock-up at 99% or it burns me a copy that skips around in my DVD player.

I’m using all the same variables as I did before my computer crashed:
media: memorex DVD+R DL
burn software: CYberlink Power2Go
burn drive: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D
speed: 2.4x

I’ve tried copying many different DVDs that have not worked- currently trying to copy beatles anthology region u.s.a.

Here’s my status info on the anydvd menu"
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.5.2.2)
PHILIPS DROM6216 GD03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 3949505 sectors (7713 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ANTHOLOGY_DISC1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Okay… I hope someone out there can help me out. Slysoft has not helped me so far. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I think that AnyDVD has nothing to do with the problem. In my opinion the culprit is the very bad quality DL discs you are using. Too bad, only Verbatim proved to be a reliable DL disc, all other brands have a huge variability from totally crappy to rather decent. And Memorex is on the crappy side of the range :frowning:

Even if in past you were able to write on these discs, I suggest to check them and recover all data from them until possible. These discs are seriously at risk to become coasters (i.e. completely unreadable) very fast :frowning:

memorex stands for bad bad bad