CompUSA Sony 10.00 For 25

Just left CompUSA and bought two 25 DVD+ spindles of Sony’s for 10.00 each,
manufactured in Taiwan. They also had DVD- for same price manufactured in Japan. There’s a good chance the DVD- are Taiyo Yudens. I strickly use DVD+, otherwise the - sounds like a good deal.
They also had spindles of 25 DVD R\W made in Japan for 20.00.

With tax comes to 45 cents each. Whenever I bought Sony’s in the past I always received th RicohJpnR001 media (4X), this proved to be correct on this purchase also. However, they only had 3 spindles left, two were 8X and one was 4x. I decided to buy one of each to decrease my chances of getting some crap media. As I said the 4X was Ricoh, but the 8x showed up as Sony D11 in DVDInfoPro. I never saw this media before, I was under the impression that Sony did not manufacture media.
Is anybody familiar with this media, if so, please provide some feedback.
I will also post in the Media forum for some help.

See here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=741405#post741405

I got the same results as others in the thread markvonstriver linked to. Burns spiked up kind of high (80pi over a large area) but still plenty readable with the 8x+r’s (sony D11). When burned at 6x the burn was very good though (much beter than at 8x).

I just got some sony 4x dvd+r and they r ricohjap R01 revision 02 they seem to be real great i haven had any problems yet.

Is the 4x media on sale too? I thought it was only the 8x (because ricohrjpn01 burn beter for me (slightly) at 6x than the d11’s do). In fact I just paid 15.02$ ea. for a few packs of imation (ricohrjpn01’s).
Also, does anybody know if the ricohrjpn02’s burn as good as the r01’s (because they are on sale for 10 $ too (tdk branded).

In general Ricoh R01 is of higher quality than R02.

TDK 4x +R Ricoh 01 @ Staples 'til 11/13. $9.94/25.

There’s a website called www.salescircular.com that breaks out all the sales ads from major retailers in the US. Go to your State, then go to Blank DVD Discs…

I’ll shutup now since this is a Sony/Compusa thread!

thanks. Bestbuy has tdk +r 8x that are ricohrjpn02 for 10$ (be carfull, if the base of the pack is thin like a normal cake box, they are cmcmag, the rico’s have a tall base). They only had one pack left that was ricoh but if they are not as good as the rjpn01 then I will not try to get more. Fyi, sorry to everyone for hijacking the thread to tdk (there are a few medias on sale this week, maxell for 13$ at office depot too). It is just intended in the spirit of this forum, discussing where the good deals are. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Guys

“I’ll shutup now since this is a Sony/Compusa thread!”

“Fyi, sorry to everyone for hijacking the thread to tdk (there are a few medias on sale this week, maxell for 13$ at office depot too). It is just intended in the spirit of this forum, discussing where the good deals are.”

My post here as not to promote Sony, but rather inform members of what appears to be a good value. Whether it be Sony, TDK, or any other brand, we need to share our knowledge for the benefit of all. Thanks for your contributions.