CompUSA: Memorex 75-pack DVD-R/DVD+R on sale for $60

vbimport

CompUSA has 75-pack of Memorex DVD-R and DVD+R on sale for $59.99 this week. From the picture they appear to be 4x.

Has anyone bought the DVD-R 75-pack?

I would like to know whether they are CMC, MBI, MCC, ProdiscS03 or something else…

Thanks!

I can’t speak to the DVD-Rs, but the DVD+R with Gray Base are 99.9% going to be RicohJPNR01 discs. There has been some discussion going both ways that the Black Bases are CMS. I don’t know, I’ve only been buying Gray Bases…

would like to know whether they are CMC, MBI, MCC, ProdiscS03 or something else…

LOL, I think the best answer is probably “yes”.

Grey Richo japan 4X

Thanks for info about the Memorex DVD+R. Anyone know about the DVD-Rs?

Just got Memorex DVD-R 75 pack , they are CMC, burned with Pioneer-107d, very good Kprobe scan, PI no more than 40 , PO no more than 2, gonna buy another one.

How does that work that some bases are different brands then others? I’m having a hard time understanding how these DVD makers package their stuff.

pav56,

Thanks for the report on Memorex DVD-R. Sounds like you got a good batch of CMC <g>. I had a bad experience with Verbatim DVD-R made by CMC, was hoping they were MCC…

With the newest packages, you can’t tell, but the older packaged Ricoh/Ritek used the gray base. Memorex will always be a crap-shoot.

Yeah. I read on videohelp that a lot of ppl were saying that the black cases were the better ones. Is it really random like that? It just doesn’t make sense.

CompUSA website states they’re $54.99 each; I say get it online and save yourself $5.00. :wink:

DVD+R link | DVD-R link