Compromise information to MP3

vbimport

Hello,

I digitaliz my LP’ s (vinyl) to cd. First I used WAF. That makes 60 minutes of music on cd for every 60 minutes music on LP.

I try now to be more efficient by comprimeren of information to MP3. To my surprise its is still 60 minutes of music on LP is 60 minutes on cd Or my burning software. I expected less minutes.
How is that possible? Do I misunderstand MP3? What do I wrong?
Or do I have more than 80 minutes voor my cd?

This is a simple explanation.
A 3 minute song is a 3 minute song.
It takes the same amount of time for it to play .
If you could speed up the time it is sort of the same
as playing a 33 rpm LP at 45 rpm.
The songs would be faster but sure won’t sound the same.

[QUOTE=wodan123;2629819]Hello,

I digitaliz my LP’ s (vinyl) to cd. First I used WAF. That makes 60 minutes of music on cd for every 60 minutes music on LP.

I try now to be more efficient by comprimeren of information to MP3. To my surprise its is still 60 minutes of music on LP is 60 minutes on cd Or my burning software. I expected less minutes.
Or do I have more than 80 minutes voor my cd?[/QUOTE]

a minute is a minute,

What changes is the ammount of bits the different digital formats take up on disc space.

When you convert LP to uncompressed “Date” Microsoft PCM/WAV format a CD will hold 702Mb of “data” or music in CDDA format which has a play time of 79min52seconds.

On the other hand if you burn the music to a CD-R as mp3 at a data rate of 320Kbits/sec the CD-R will hold 4.5times as much music (in terms of play time) compared to CDDA format.

If you convert your music to 160Kbit/sec mp3’s the CD-R will hold nine times as much music.

This is the effect of “compression”

AD

To make it clear AllanDeGroot is posting about .mp3s burned as a data CD for the larger amout.
If burned as an Audio CD it is the same as if they were PCM/WAV or other lossless format as far as the time is concerned.
So you are better off burning an Audio CD from a lossless format.

If you have a CD player that has the capability to play a data CD of .mp3s then it is a good way to go .
Many standalone DVD players will also play these.

[QUOTE=wodan123;2629819]Hello,

I digitaliz my LP’ s (vinyl) to cd.[B] First I used WAF[/B]. That makes 60 minutes of music on cd for every 60 minutes music on LP.

Or do I have more than 80 minutes voor my cd?[/QUOTE]

I doubt that is a real format.

You probably meant WAV which is WAVE which is riff-wave format 16bit 44.1khz 2 channel which is CDDA standard format.

Some dvd players can play back fake VideoDVDs which contain 1 videotrack and the rest filled up with mp2 or mp3 files…