Compression

vbimport

Previously, I had used DVDFab HD Decrypter 4 for ripping the Main Movie to my HDD and used AutoGK to convert to 700MB (trying to get aXXo quality on my movies, not quite right yet). I just purchased DVDFab Platinum today (w00t!), I was debating on it or Slysoft AnyDVD + CloneDVD2 and went with the more cost efficient program (which I love the Slysoft, but DVDFab can’t be beat in terms of features and price). The question I want to know is this, are there any ways to make custom resolutions in the generic avi mode? I’m trying to get on the same path as I was with AutoGK (I leave for the Army on the 20th and I’m trying to make this painless for my wife to backup our movies and archive them on a external HDD and possibly share them on a AppleTV).

What resolution do you want that is not available.?

OT w00t-off underway!

Usually I try to spike my width at 720. Decent results. I think if DVDFab had a sizing option like AutoGK it’d get more users. It’s meant to be ‘beginner friendly’, which it is, but I think there should be two modes for resolutions, the beginner should be similar to AutoGK (Auto width, minimum width, fixed width, maximum width) and the advanced you could select a list, or even vice-versa.

Check out the crop and resize/zoom by source aspect ratio controls in the new (v5+) version. They are accessed with the Advanced resolution button near the bottom of the Conversion Settings page (used to be the Configure screen). Also, there is an appleTV profile built in but you have to install it with Customize UI to make it show up.

[QUOTE=signals;2053840]Check out the crop and resize/zoom by source aspect ratio controls in the new (v5+) version. They are accessed with the Advanced resolution button near the bottom of the Conversion Settings page (used to be the Configure screen). Also, there is an appleTV profile built in but you have to install it with Customize UI to make it show up.[/QUOTE]

And if the resolution that you want is not there, you can edit the profile so that it is.

Wow, that’s awesome, I overlooked that by a long shot. This program doesn’t cease to amaze me.

How do you customize the profile so that you can see different resolutions? Been trying to search for it and look in the program itself, but no success.

Thank You…

They are held as XML files under the Program Files\DVD Fab xx\Profiles directory. Just edit with WordPad.