Compression in eMule

vbimport

I am trying to download a movie with eMule. (I use an eMule mod, which prevents uploading, that way it’s legal in Holland). But I noticed that a lot of .avi files are so compressed, that a 700 mB file is downloaded in a few minutes. The compression is more than 9000 %???
None of these files work. GSpot says filelenght o.k., codecs loaded, etc. but cannot get it rendered. Did I miss something?

:confused: Leo

They’re called fake files.

As to the mod you should be bloody ashamed of yourself any good p-2-p system requires uploaders to work. You are nothing but a leacher, taking without giving, and the mod you’re using will eventually get banned on the network and a good thing too. Your excuse of legality is a none starter as most people who use eMule for such activities are in the same boat as you, but unlike you they aren’t selfish.

There are a lot of these fake files nowadays then.

As to the mod you should be bloody ashamed of yourself any good p-2-p system requires uploaders to work. You are nothing but a leacher, taking without giving, and the mod you’re using will eventually get banned on the network and a good thing too. Your excuse of legality is a none starter as most people who use eMule for such activities are in the same boat as you, but unlike you they aren’t selfish.
You’re right, but I’m not ashamed. I did share a lot in the past, more than I ever downloaded. But the legal issue is not an excuse, it’s reality. It’s not funny anymore…

:cool: Leo