Compressing VTS files to fit standard 4.7gb discs DVD R+

Hi all and what a great forum

Just a quick question - I recently bought the Clint Eastwood special Gran Torino and want to hide away the original and play a copied version over and over again so as not to wreck the original however I am having more trouble than usual copying it.

I backed it up on an external hard drive with DVD Decryptor ( i think from memory ) however the saved VTS files won’t allow me to do anything with them in DVD Shrink or ImgBurn.

The problem is the file ends up being larger than a standard 4.7gb disc will hold. I have tried several different things to compress these individual files ( all stored in the one folder though ) to maybe make them smaller in total so as to fit on the one standard 4.7gb disc but haven’t been able to do so - is there anyone out there that could give any suggestions as I’m ready to pull my hair out by the large handfulls !!!

Cheers and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

aceman123

peace out and stay safe all !

You can take a look at the following, if you wish. Posts #67 to #74, but please also read Posts #77 & #78.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html