Compressing to DVD5

vbimport

Hey ya’ll,

I’ve had this software for several years. I never had much trouble out of version 3 or 4, but recently upgraded to version 5. I cannot get DVDs to burn anymore. 1 out of 20 will copy. I used to get 98% success from this software and I liked that I could compress whatever I wanted down to a DVD5 and it would show me what the estimated output quality would be… 60%…75%…80%… whatever.

Now, with this version (5.0.9.0.) I still see where I can select to take it down to a DVD 5 but when it starts to burn it says, “media inserted is single layer. Please insert dual layer DVD to continue burning.” It will NOT burn or start the process until I put a Dual Layer in.

Even after changing it to a Dual Layer DVD at this prompt and it doesn’t burn, it fails anyway.

I wish I had not installed this latest version. Ugh.

Advice? It would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Do you have “DVD5” selected in the box next to quality on the first screen?

Yep. :confused:

I have written Fengtao to inquire about where I can download a previous version of this software since I didn’t have any trouble out of 3 and 4.

Why don’t you try the latest beta, 5.0.9.5 first, then if you still want an older version I have several. Just send me a PM and I’ll get it to you.

Are you able to rip the disc if you choose your hdd as the target?
Are you able to select dvd5 so that the files compress appropriately? and is playback ok when viewed from the hdd?

I tried that too. Supposedly it was compressing it to DVD5 onto my HDD in a folder, then I tried to do the “write data” to the disk. Nope. Is that what you meant? I’m not a techie… sorry. :slight_smile: My skills are limited.

[QUOTE=90312;2129076]Why don’t you try the latest beta, 5.0.9.5 first, then if you still want an older version I have several. Just send me a PM and I’ll get it to you.[/QUOTE]

Ok - that sounds like a plan! Thanks! I clicked the “check for updates” and it said I had the latest version… but mine didn’t say 5.0.9.5, it says 5.0.9.0… I’ll go back to their thread and see if I can find that new release…

Ok, let’s see if I have this right.
You ripped a flick to your hdd and you chose dvd5 as the output size.
It compressed appropriately and it plays ok from the hdd?
What was the original file size and what is the file size on your hdd subsequent to compression.
Let’s stop right here and not talk about burning yet…