Compress multiple dvds onto one iso

A friend of mine recently downloaded an iso image that had about 15 hours of video in dvd format on it. not HD of course, but good enough. still in my experience burning ive only been able to fit about 5 hours of content onto a dvd using nero.

I was wondering what method was used to create this iso. The iso image was about 4.6 gigs, so it fit on one dvd and like i said it has about 15 hours of video in dvd format with a title menu.

If anyone knows how to do this it would be awesome if you would give some advice. Thanks so much.

Maybe your friend is using a DL disk?? And what quality.

Squish a 1.5 hour movie down to 450MB…fit 10 onto a DVD = 15 hours

nope we thought it would require a daul layer disc to play in a dvd player but we burnt it to a normal dvd, the iso is about 4.6 gig in size, it plays fine in a dvd player on the normal dvd we used.

The qulaity is somewhat below average; the res. is about 650x490 but is adequate for the material, its mostly dialogue and very little fast movement/action. I was VERY impressed at the quality when viewed on my computer screen considering the amount of material on the disc.

what program will squish the dvd format files down to 450?

thank you both for the help

[QUOTE=orlee;1940811]A friend of mine recently downloaded an iso image that had about 15 hours of video in dvd format on it. not HD of course, but good enough. still in my experience burning ive only been able to fit about 5 hours of content onto a dvd using nero.

I was wondering what method was used to create this iso. The iso image was about 4.6 gigs, so it fit on one dvd and like i said it has about 15 hours of video in dvd format with a title menu.

If anyone knows how to do this it would be awesome if you would give some advice. Thanks so much.[/QUOTE]

Resolution & bitrate is the key.

Lower them to eg. 352x288 (PAL).

www.videohelp.com/dvd

Thanks for all the replies. After doing alot of research and experimenting i’ve discovered one way to do this is with DVD shrink by reauthoring and compressing [U]twice[/U]. In my case the videos were orginally avi, so this is how i did it.[ul]
[li]convert the files to dvd[/li][li]re-author with dvd shrink- be sure to select “deep analysis”[/li][li]export it as an iso (the result now is a much smaller iso containing all the video material but still will not fit onto a single dvd)[/li][li]now go to file>open disc image in dvd shrink[/li][li]compress the ISO again with deep analysis selected[/li][*]now use an iso burning program to burn the iso to a dvd[/ul]that will give you a single dvd with about 15 hours of video on it, but without the menu like my friends iso had. the missing menu isnt that big of a deal, at least not imo, but if anyone knows how feel free to share :slight_smile: