Completely new to Torrenting. Helps & tips?

Hello all.
As the title suggests, I am completely new to torrents and torrenting. In fact, have yet do it. But I just got a new, faster broadband connection and figure it’s time to do such. I was just curious to hear the basics of using torrents and what it all means. The reason I seem to be confused on the matter is because I’ve watched a friend do it, but he used a separate program from the site to do his downloads. Some type of download manager or something made for torrents. Is this an absolute must if you download torrents? Just looking to hear some explanations and maybe instructions. Thank you ahead of time. :bow::bow::bow::bow:

[QUOTE=ChezPizmo;1930964]Hello all.
As the title suggests, I am completely new to torrents and torrenting. In fact, have yet do it. But I just got a new, faster broadband connection and figure it’s time to do such. I was just curious to hear the basics of using torrents and what it all means. The reason I seem to be confused on the matter is because I’ve watched a friend do it, but he used a separate program from the site to do his downloads. Some type of download manager or something made for torrents. Is this an absolute must if you download torrents? Just looking to hear some explanations and maybe instructions. Thank you ahead of time. :bow::bow::bow::bow:[/QUOTE]

www.utorrent.com and read the faq.

If that don’t help use google to seek the answers you seek.

[QUOTE=ChezPizmo;1930964]Hello all.
As the title suggests, I am completely new to torrents and torrenting. In fact, have yet do it. But I just got a new, faster broadband connection and figure it’s time to do such. I was just curious to hear the basics of using torrents and what it all means. The reason I seem to be confused on the matter is because I’ve watched a friend do it, but he used a separate program from the site to do his downloads. Some type of download manager or something made for torrents. Is this an absolute must if you download torrents? Just looking to hear some explanations and maybe instructions. Thank you ahead of time. :bow::bow::bow::bow:[/QUOTE]

Yes, you’re going to need a torrent client (software) to download the files (contained in the torrent) to your Hard Drive.

Azureus and uTorrent are the two most popular torrent clients. Google them and you should be able to find a direct download link for them.

Is there anything else that you would like to know?