[QUOTE=FrozenNail;2151553]Thanks for the advice… if I did have a Nero disk I’ve long since lost it!
I’ve had a look and they have a 15 day trial so I’ll give that a go.
Image burn… looks free! will that copy/backup files to DVD or is that more of an image and movie burner?
No doubt I’ll be back with some questions![/QUOTE]
Here are some features for imgburn…
* Read - Read a disc to an image file
* Build - Create an image file from files on your computer or network - or you can write the files directly to a disc
* Write - Write an image file to a disc
* Verify - Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct
* Discovery - Put your drive / media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing
But I haven’t fully used imgburn so I can only post what they said about their software from their site. And it’s free as well.