Compiling Successful Music CD's

vbimport

Hi! Im new about the place!
Ive looked at many postings and the search but...........
Im using Nero and Clone for burning. Win98SE (plenty HD space)

I know Neros not happy burning some Audio stuff (protected ?)
and Clone probably is with the correct settings, but which one should I try to use to burn up these compilations I want to do to play in my car? Will Clone do it ok? Im then burning from my folder on the drive, or direct, swapping CD's as I go along (this is on the fly isnt it?) Not asking for long-winded answers, just point me in the right direction!!
Thanks all !
Bags.
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

CloneCd will do exactly what it states it will do :

it will copy a(n image of a) complete cd-rom. Thus it’s not for making your own cd’s with personal compilations.

The big power of CloneCD is that it tries actually to make a perfect replica of your source cd , regarding the content , weird tracks and other non-standards (such as copy protections).

Nero is a more multitool on the writing of cd-roms. It can handle quite some more features than CloneCd can and is therefore much better in making your own compilation cd-roms.

Fun of nero is that you can also make audio cd’s from a selection of mp3 files (no need to turn them into wav first , nero will do that for you). So if you can rip them into mp3 with anoter nice tool (Zlurp , Exact Audio Copy , Musicmatch Jukebox… hell www.tucows.com has zillions of them) then Nero can write them.

Hi!
Thanks for your help so far! What I thought was right, is right-so far! Ive Audigy card installed, and the software Creative player can rip, (puts them in a temp file until needed for burning) and Ive tried some tests. Itll also write, and digitally extract too. I presume that I try this, or try EAC (which seems popular here) if I get problems.
The problem comes with protected media, I take it, when Im not going to get ripping software to work, I presume we just copy the whole of the audio part, not the data protection bit?
I have read the post (How to…) in the audio section.
Bags :slight_smile: :slight_smile: