Compilations for Windows AND Car

vbimport

Probably a really dumb question (and I can’t seem to find an easy answer using Search)… hence the post here in Newbie forum

Trying to create music compilations with Windows XP that will playback under Windows XP, the “house” entertainment system and in the car.

Is there a generic file format that’s generally readable across most platforms - i.e. stick in in the player and it plays like a “normal” music CD?

And if so, what software can create such a “generic” format?

Again, apologies if this has been asked several million times before but I can’t seem to get/find a straight answer.

Basically all you need to do is to use say Nero and select CD Audio/ something very similar. You can then import Wav or MP3 and the program will convert them and make a “normal” music CD.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. I’ll give it a shot.

No worries.

If you put MP3 onto a CD, that will convert it to CDA, which is readable across all platforms. That is just the same as Womble’s method.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$

If you put MP3 onto a CD, that will convert it to CDA.
.WAVs are being “converted” into .CDAs.
.MP3s remain the same.
Need a visual proof to that ?

@rickh,

as for music compilations,

1. there’s no better application than [COLOR=blue]Feurio!®

2. when using Nero, bear in mind > ISO Format for MP3, Audio Format - WAV.

oh btw, this one can came in handy >[/COLOR] CDR in car stereo

No, if you look at the contents of an audio CD burned by a home user, the contents are in CDA. CDA is the standard format.

No, if you look at the contents of an audio CD burned by a home user, the contents are in CDA.

Originally posted by BoSkin

Need a visual proof to that ?

Originally posted by Womble
Basically all you need to do is to use say Nero and select CD Audio/ something very similar. You can then import Wav or MP3 and the program will convert them and make a “normal” music CD.

Originally posted by BoSkin
Look, don’t you ever try to bullshit me, okay ?
Your own words sounded like this : “If you put MP3 onto a CD, that will convert it to CDA.”

When you burn an audio cd, and you add the MP3 files, they get made into .cda format, which can be understood by cd players. CD players cannot read a data MP3 disc, so the MP3 data needs to be converted into audio. I’m not trying to bullshit you BoSkin.

If I said it wrong i’m sorry.

But as I said it is the same as Womble’s method.

When you burn an audio cd, and you add the MP3 files, they get made into .cda format.
Oh yes, my bad, $CyBeRwIz$ .
I thought you were talking about MP3s burnt in ISO Format, not Audio.
It’s a pure mistunderstanding. Pls accept my apologies ! :bow:

Edit I’ve edited some of my previous stuff.