CompatTelRunner.exe

vbimport

hi all,

i have had this annoying thing called CompatTelRunner.exe running on my PC for the last 2 or so months,
i don’t know how it got there or what it does, maybe some type of sneaky update microsoft is including in update. i have googled it and it may have something to do with windows 10 ( not too sure thou), it starts running a few minutes after my PC starts up , and keeps going continuously for 5 -15 minutes making the HDD run at full ( light stays on like its doing something major)
i did some searching and found it may be this update doing it kb2952664 update , but i uninstalled that one did a restart and the CompatTelRunner.exe still runs like a bat outta heel every day.

i have process explorer running when i notice that CompatTelRunner.exe has started up, i cant kill the process or do anything else to it ,

Its located in Win system 32 folder.

i f you need screens of it running let me know .

can anyone tell me :-
what it is ,
what its doing ,
how to permanently get rid of this.

i am sure its not supposed to be on my PC running like this.

i have even made a rule for it in the win firewall, it went away for a week and now its back, i created another rule ( same as b4) but it still running when i restart PC.

Baffled i am. i haven’t installed any programs or for a long time or got any viruses.

Running win 7 pro 64bit machine is very clean.

thanks.

This little discussion seems to identify it and what it does and the first answer shows how to turn it off in Task Scheduler.

You might also want to install GWX Control Panel.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2772766]http://superuser.com/questions/944067/windows-disk-i-o-100-at-boot-for-20-minutes

This little discussion seems to identify it and what it does and the first answer shows how to turn it off in Task Scheduler.[/QUOTE]

thanks a lot , i did it all , and ill see how it goes over the next few days.

Update , all good , no sign of it anywhere.

thanks Kez