Compatible to DVD writer?

vbimport

I am thinking about getting a DVD writer which would be Sony DRU500AX, Sony DWU10A, NEC DVDR ND-1100 or NEC DVDR ND-1300A .
But non of these is in the database of supported hardware.
Only dvd writers i found in the database are Pioneer DVR-104, Pioneer DVR-103 and Ricoh MP5120 .
Why are these the only drives that are supported?
Will there be more DVD writers supported in later versions?

Blindwrite works on a known list whereas something like CloneCD works if the unit is MMC compliant. There’s advantages and disadvantages for both.

I have used the NEC 1100 extensively as well as the DRU500AX. The Sony must have a FW upgrade to work properly - it’s a dog otherwise. Send an email to lapinou (link is in his sig).

@feierwehrmann, WELCOME to the forum.

Follow FutureProof advise, it’s the fastest way.

Originally posted by FutureProof
Send an email to lapinou (link is in his sig).

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]Blindwrite works on a known list whereas something like CloneCD works if the unit is MMC compliant. There’s advantages and disadvantages for both.

I have used the NEC 1100 extensively as well as the DRU500AX. The Sony must have a FW upgrade to work properly - it’s a dog otherwise. Send an email to lapinou (link is in his sig). [/B]

hi

just a quicky!

i have had errors which at the start of the sentence says this!

MMC

what is MMC?

thx…

MMC (Multi Media Command) compliant recorders use a common command set. It was developed specifically so that software developers could write one set of drivers for one MMC-compliant recorder and be able to write to all others. This would enable consumers to be able to use their choice of software without the long delays usually associated with the introduction of new hardware.

about the support, please read this page :

http://www.blindwrite.com/testedwriters.htm

if the information is not clear ( sorry for my english ) send us an email …