Compatible home dvd players

vbimport

Please can you add here your home dvd player reference when it’s fully compatible with DVD2oneX compressed movies.

Thanks.

You will find most NEW home dvd players will play dvd-r`s, I have 2 stand alone dvd players, one 4 months old , and one over two years old, providing the dvd backups are done properly, both my players play em fine.

try this link for a compatibility list of players

www.betasptodvd.com/dvd-r.htm

hope this helps you m8

:slight_smile:

I have a Samsung DVD-711 and it plays them just fine on DVD-R media.

Originally posted by emaa°
[B]Please can you add here your home dvd player reference when it’s fully compatible with DVD2oneX compressed movies.

Thanks. [/B]

Not sure what you are trying to establish with this thread.

The files produced by DVD20ne, will play on any DVD standalone player that can play DVDr’s, providing they are burnt correctly onto decent media.

If you are experiencing problems, it is unlikely to be the files from DVD20ne that are at fault, or incompatible. It’s more likely to be :

1. Poor quality media/Bad burns
  2. Burning format and/or the absence of VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS Folders
  3. Firmware of DVD Burner

It’s not a simple case of “Do DVD20ne’s files work on this player or that player ?”

Originally posted by emaa°
[B]Please can you add here your home dvd player reference when it’s fully compatible with DVD2oneX compressed movies.

Thanks. [/B]

From most people I speak to it seems that the cheaper the standalone the better it is for DVD-R. However only the use of good quality media (e.g. Ritek) and correct Process/Burning procedures can we guarantee good results.

Cheapest standalones = good results
Cheapest media = poor results

Check out the compatibility list on the DVDRHelp homepage:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers

JUK I agree, owning one of the earlier NoName DVD-Players. The only thing it doesn´t play is DVD+RW.

I can say that my Sony NS700P is not playing the movies so far that I have burned, although they do play on my laptop, so Im not sure why it would work on my laptop but not on the dvd player. seems like if i messed up the burning processing, it wouldnt work on either

JAZZLESS Sonys arent too good at playing DVD-R or RW or playing past a layer break
Pioneer players will play everything thrown at them.

You’ll find a lot of players compatible if you use the search function!

i have tested all the Pioneer DVD Player in the market and they all play -R -RW and +R +RW without any problem even the cheap media.

also i have old pioneer play every thing …

This player plays every burned DVD that I throw at it. I use Princo DVD-R. It is also one of the cheapest players at $49. Hope this helps.

I have a Mustek 520 and a Cambridge Audio DVD55 and both of these play any dvdr, be it ritek or princo dye:p

Originally posted by Falco533

JAZZLESS Sonys arent too good at playing DVD-R or RW or playing past a layer break

I have two Sonys that do this just fine,what can you state to substantiate your claim? Just wondering…

buy a cyber home 405 they play anything & have a 5.1 sound card if you have an amp you have a free cinema in your front room hope this helps :smiley:

Originally posted by Ruffrob
“I have two Sonys that do this just fine,what can you state to substantiate your claim? Just wondering…”

To Ruffrob, my personal experience.

@ falco533

I have a SONY DVP-NS405 Multi-Region player and it plays everything I throw at it, so not ALL Sony’s are bad…

What SONY are you having trouble with ? is it an older one ?

i have old Sony DVD-player and it doesn’t play cheap DVD-R .

i use princo and it didn’t work. but after i use ritek it works …

I’m interested in how others came to like the Ritek DVD-R’s? I went through several brands from meritline until hitting on the Riteks. I’ve settled on them because my Panny changer, which isn’t too terribly picky, would start them playing as fast as pressed dvd’s.

Other brands would play, but the Panny took longer to calibrate.

I’m sitting on a spindle of 100 of the light purple DVD-R’s… I won’t touch them because the only thing that will play them reliably is the Pioneer burner!

my sony plays all dvd +/- r and +/- rw, even cheap princo’s with uot a problem

Hey Squished, You wont regret purchasing the Ritek media. I use G03s because they seem to play on MOST players, even Sony.