Compatible External Enclosure for iHAS-324-09?

vbimport

i would have posted this in the external enclosure forum, but it has been pretty dead there this past week. anyway, the enclosure i bought to go with the ihas324-09 is not playing nice. the enclosure works with my ad-7240s. the ihas324-09 works fine when installed in a desktop, so i am wanting suggestions for a compatible enclosure. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

chris

I’ve had a Samsung drive that is also a MediaTek based design in an enclosure from Galaxy Metal Gear… that said, I used mine as eSATA; not USB.

[QUOTE=thecamyth;2462528]i would have posted this in the external enclosure forum, but it has been pretty dead there this past week. anyway, the enclosure i bought to go with the ihas324-09 is not playing nice. the enclosure works with my ad-7240s. the ihas324-09 works fine when installed in a desktop, so i am wanting suggestions for a compatible enclosure. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

chris[/QUOTE]
Try a Vantec 530SU they are available thru Buy.com or zipzoomfly.com for about the best price - it is a esata and usb connectable enclosure - and what is nice is it is hot swappable and power supply is inside - it has a fan - easy to mount drive - very compatable - vantec makes good stuff. I use it for a lite on iHAS424 and for BR drives.:flower:

thanks for the suggestions. i really appreciate them.

sloveheart, vantecs do make nice enclosures. i actually bought a vantec NST-530S2 for my iHAS-09, but no computer i tried the combination with would recognize the enclosure or drive. i installed an Optiarc AD-7240s in the vantec enclosure, and everything works just fine now. the liteon worked fine in a desktop at work. i’m baffled.

sithtracy, do you know the model of enclosure you are using with your samsung mediatek drive?

chris

[QUOTE=thecamyth;2464008]sithtracy, do you know the model of enclosure you are using with your samsung mediatek drive?[/QUOTE]

Yes… This one: http://www.galaxymetalgear.com/products/5202.html I’ve got the eSATA/USB enclosure. Like I said though, I have been using it via eSATA… I’m running Linux though so I will try a Windows box and USB in a day or two and let you know. I do have an iHAS324-08 I can throw in one… Just busy and stuff… off to bed now. I’ll check the thread in the afternoon tomorrow.