Compatible DVD media for NEC ND-2500A Rev 1.07

:confused: I just purchased a used NEC DVD burner - model ND-2500. ConvertXtoDVD tells me my Nexxtech DVD-R 16X media may not be compatible with the drive, then continues to to an “Access failure” error message. It never actually starts to burn the disk. I have updated the firmware from 1.00 to 1.07 and have the exact same results. It also fails with Nero 7. Recode 2.

I guess I first need to check for compatibility problems between my media and drive. But, I can’t seem to find a compatibility list. Can someone please show me a link to compatible media for a NEC ND-2500 R1.07.

I am including 2 attachments showing the messages I got in ConvertXtoDVD in case someone can recognize the errors as something else.
Thanks for reading,
jazzman143

@ jazzman143,

Welcome to the Forum.

Unaware of exactly what “Nexxtech DVD-R 16X media” actually is.

Suggest providing the Media MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) (Example: TYG02) of your “Nexxtech DVD-R 16X media”. To obtain the Media MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) (Example; TYG02) of your “Nexxtech DVD-R 16X media” use a software utility similar to DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com).

In seeing that your “Nexxtech DVD-R 16X media” is off the wall unknown quality Media it is not unusual for you to experience difficulties with this particular Media.

Suggest obtaining known proven quality error free Media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media which has an excellent track history of consistently producing quality error free results.

I can assure you that “Nexxtech DVD-R 16X media” is not on any NEC-ND-2500A DVD Media Compatible list but the known proven Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media is.

For NEC-ND-2500A Firmware suggest visiting Liggy’s & Dee’s NEC Firmware Web Page. Perhaps one of Liggy’s & Dee’s NEC-ND-2500A Firmwares with provide better results with your “Nexxtech DVD-R 16X media” ->

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/NEC-ND-2500A/

Regards,
bjkg

UME02 is the MID of this persons media. Yes do what bjkg says and grab some TY’s or Verbies. I did not look but i doubt that MID is listed in the firmware so the drive has no idea how to burn it.

The compatible media list will probably contain more 8x MIDs than 16X MID’s. That is a fairly old 8x drive/burner.

That is some of the crappiest media.