Compatible blank media (CD-Rs)

vbimport

Hi -

I tried searching the forum for an answer to my question but I couldn’t find one. I have a LiteOn LH-20A1H drive[SIZE=2] and want to know which brands work best with it. The reason for my question is that I’ve tried 3 different brands (Verbatim vinyl, Ridata (printables), and TDKs) and they won’t work in my car cd player using THIS drive. However, if I burn using the same media on my Sony DRU-830A, the discs play just fine in my car.

I’m running Windows 7 Ultimate if that matters.

Thanks,
Wyman[/SIZE][I]

[/I]

Yo Wyman-

Any of those mentioned should be compatible with your LiteOn. For optimal CD-R compatibility with all players - set burn to [B]16x [/B]- you will get great quality and good compatibility-eh

(most folks let the burner decide best speed - this is where the failures begin)

LiteOn DVD burners really aren’t very good for burning CD-R media, so if you have a picky CD player and your Sony DRU-830A produces burns that play well in that CD player, I suggest you stick with what works.

The best CD-R is made by Taiyo Yuden (now also available under the JVC brand), but some LiteOn DVD burners even manage to produce fairly mediocre burns with excellent CD-R media.

As suggested by [B]bigmike7[/B], 16x is a good burning speed for CD-R media on many drives (a few are slightly better at 24x).

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Thanks Mike and Drage for the replies! I’ll try burning at 16x and see what happens and report back. If that doesn’t work, is there a list of media know to work?

Thanks again,
Wyman

Hi,[QUOTE=smileychgo;2470063]If that doesn’t work, is there a list of media know to work?[/QUOTE]if the advice given does not help, then stick with a better drive for CD-R application and forget this Liteon for that purpose.
It is the combination of drive and blank media that decides if a disc is playable in picky players or not.

That said, don’t waste more media with the Liteon and use the Sony DRU-830 for that job.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2470101]Hi,if the advice given does not help, then stick with a better drive for CD-R application and forget this Liteon for that purpose.
It is the combination of drive and blank media that decides if a disc is playable in picky players or not.

That said, don’t waste more media with the Liteon and use the Sony DRU-830 for that job.

Michael[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your reply Michael. Think I will use the other drive for burning cds or pop in a new unboxed Pioneer I bought back in March. However, to give a quick update on the above. I did lower the speed to 16x and burned 2 cds with a Verbatim and Ridata and the Ridata worked this time in the car. Obviously this LiteOn doesn’t like this batch of Verbatims. I tested it also with an Imation disc which worked.