Compatable Card?

vbimport

Hi
And The compliments of the season to one and all
It is re a Christmas present I ask the question – my NEW camera is a —
Canon LEGRIA FS 306 and I wondering if someone could confirm the compatability - or otherwise of a PNY 16 Gig Optima SD HC class 4 card – eliminating a possible problem causing difficulty in setting up the camera or is it what I suspect Operater Incapability
Many thanks
Respects
Clive AKA Lord Ogmore 111

Happy Holidays to you too! According to the camera’s specs, that card should not be a problem. First thing that occurs to me, check to be sure you did not accidentally slide the little “Lock” switch on the side of the card to the locked position. Please give us some details about the problem?

Oh, and happy 5th anniversary on your CdFreaks membership:flower:

Thanks Deanwitty
I have checked the protection tab now thanks, and it is and was in the OPEN postion.
A strange thing has occured my son during a flyong visit brought in his Video a Panosonic – Right - a quick card exchange a there we are BOTH CAMERAs come to life A poor connection possibly?
The Card from his Panasonic is an identical make and model as the one I was trying, but a phone call removed any time to reverse the cards to see if the old problem with the Canon was still present. so we have Two woking camers but at at this moment do not know what the problem was
Will keep you infoemed of any development
Many thanks for the Heads Up – I will keep you informed of any developments
Regards
Clive

It may be that your camera was not set up to automatically format the card, the Panasonic may have done so. Glad to hear the problem was so easily remedied.