Comparison of AnyDVD with other ripping solutions

i think his tests are fine. i’m just poking fun at how scientifically accurate you guys expect him to be.

he’s not proposing this as a study for some kind of nobel prize…he’s seeing what remake thinks of the same disc ripped with 3 different rippers set at default. considering a lot of people trust remake for finding and reporting issues, i think it’s relevant.

it might not be the most detailed and scientifically designed test in the world, but if you guys don’t like it then take the time to run better tests and prove his results wrong.

you may think 2 tests are fine
but I don’t think so
Cheers

If you want a proper comparison, use the original source discs. Until then I won’t even look at this thing you call a ‘comparison’.

Usually someone presents data and wants it to have some merit
the onus is on the presenter for burden of proof not the audience

otherwise I wiuld have invented cold fusion a long time ago :bigsmile:

@toaddub
Remaining tiny cells can 't confuse a cheap standalone DVD player…
…but, remaining bad cell commands can, on the other hand…
They can make a cheap standalone DVD player crash, under certain circumstances…

@zaq, linx05
The cell commands and programs in the mounted ISO rip are identical to the original…
Probaply the results would be the same, if i have tested the original disk…
…but my old Plextor drops down to x2 ripping speed, with these protected titles…
So performing the tests with the original would take me about 3-4 hours…

Here is a new test…
This time, the source is the original disk in the drive(for everyone to be happy)

Programs used(default settings)
[B]1)DVDFab Decrypter 2.9.8.1
2)AnyDVD 6.0.3.1(+ripper)
3)RipIt4Me 1.4.3.0
[/B]

Test disk: [B]Rent Region 2 Greek[/B]

a)The output of DVD Fab Decrypter, opens up in Shrink w/o unref material,
but is rejected by DVDRemake Pro 3.5.3…

b)The output of AnyDVD Ripper, does not open in Shrink
and has a few “reds” in DVDRemake Pro 3.5.3…

c)The output of RipIt4Me, opens up in Shrink with a small amount of unref material(~1Mb),
and has one “red” in DVDRemake Pro 3.5.3…

Here are the screenshots…
http://zavlakas.googlepages.com/Rent_screenshots.rar

Comments are welcome, as always…

Really appreciated your effort in this. :smiley:

Would you mind post the screenshots of the Cell Commands and Program panes from each ripper as well? Thanks.

If you mean screenshots from DVDRemake Pro, there is a download link in my previous post…
Here it is again…
http://zavlakas.googlepages.com/Rent_screenshots.rar

That’s not what I mean. I already looked at them. Go to VTS2/Program Chains/PGC 1, there are Cell Commands and Programs panes there.

I know you can’t take snapshot in DRMP from DvdFab Decrypter output due to the import error. You can fix it easily in IfoEdit so it can be imported. But for now, leave it out in snapshot.

If you want to include snapshots from DvdFab output, first fix the problem in IfoEdit. In VTS_02_0.IFO, go to VTS_PGCITI/VTS_PGC_1, change Number of Programs to 28. Save. This is a guess as I don’t have the IFO. I think you can now import into DRMP. I think there will be an additional warning for VTS 2 as well, which again is easily fixed.

I could do that but it is not the purpose of this test…
The purpose of the test is, the performance of the various ripping solutions, out of the box…

What [B]exactly[/B] do you want me to snapshot?
All the “reds” are visible, without expanding anything…

I followed your suggestion and manualy edited VTS_02_0.IFO, of the DVDFab Decrypter 's, as you instructed…
This time it was imported in DVDRemake Pro…
I am attaching the screenshot, from VTS_02…

Please reread post #27 and #29. I thought I’m being clear already. Do I need to take screenshot (Cell Commands and Programs panes) to show you what I’m talking about? Why is there a need for this? To see how each ripper clean up the “junk” cells.

On second thought, if you still don’t understand, don’t worry about it. Just forget I ask. And let these comparisons put to rest. And await for other’s comments on the results.

So far, I can see RipIt4Me > AnyDVD Ripper > DvdFab Decrypter in terms of cleaning up the mess.

Is this what you are looking for?

http://zavlakas.googlepages.com/toaddub.zip

broken link: “The page you have requested could not be found. (404)”

Please try again…
Googlepages is not very stable…
They are too big to attach them here…

Strange. Still don’t work. Tried it on different browsers and different PCs. Maybe it’s down? Maybe you can upload to some file hosting site.

I really hope this is what you asked for…

AnyDVD.zip (134 KB)

RipIt4Me.zip (74.1 KB)

BINGO!!! But RipIt4Me_1.jpg is the same as RipIt4Me_2.jpg. Did you use FixVTS in the RipIt4Me process? Wonder why so many “junk” cells.

Yes you are right…
Sorry about that…
VTS_02 has only three bad cells(read errors)…
Only those are removed with default settings…

I 18:01:04: Removing protected cells and cleaning up cell commands
I 18:01:04: Removing VTS 2 PGC 1 Cell 54
I 18:01:04: Removing VTS 2 PGC 1 Cell 14
I 18:01:04: Removing VTS 2 PGC 1 Cell 13
I 18:01:04: Removing VTS 14 PGC 1 Cell 5
I 18:01:04: Removing VTS 14 PGC 1 Cell 4
I 18:01:04: Removing VTS 14 PGC 1 Cell 3
I 18:01:04: Removing VTS 14 PGC 1 Cell 2
I 18:01:04: Removing VTS 14 PGC 1 Cell 1
I 18:01:04: Cleaning bogus VTS
I 18:01:04: Removing VTS 14
I 18:01:04: 1 bogus VTS removed