Comparing media between different burners?

vbimport

I had a liteon ihbs212 in my possession a little while ago and found that the results with opti drive control were not very good at all (lth discs aren’t reccomended by verbatim). I bought an LG bh14ns40, however its chipset doesn’t support disc quality scans with opti drive. It seems I may have to borrow another liteon burner to do the disc quality check on a disc burnt with the LG. Can you properly compare disc quality scans, even if one was burnt in another brand of burner?

[QUOTE=hxclespaulplayer;2643965]I had a liteon ihbs212 in my possession a little while ago and found that the results with opti drive control were not very good at all (lth discs aren’t reccomended by verbatim). I bought an LG bh14ns40, however its chipset doesn’t support disc quality scans with opti drive. It seems I may have to borrow another liteon burner to do the disc quality check on a disc burnt with the LG. Can you properly compare disc quality scans, even if one was burnt in another brand of burner?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Provided you are using the same drive to do the scanning. A Lite-on 212 will tend to report higher error rates than a 112. And any drive will tend to report higher error rates on LTH vs HTL BD-R.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2643970]Yes. Provided you are using the same drive to do the scanning. A Lite-on 212 will tend to report higher error rates than a 112. And any drive will tend to report higher error rates on LTH vs HTL BD-R.[/QUOTE]

Would it have to be the exact same drive that I used before, or just the same model?

Given variations between each individual drive, it would be best to have the same exact drive you used before. If that’s not feasible then a same model drive on the same firmware with all other variables the same as before.