Compare SSD with regular HDD

vbimport

I did a search on this and did not find anything. just what is better SSD or HDD. I know there is quiet a lot of tech data out there, but would just like opinons at this point. I have a Samsung 2.5 256GB right now and it has crashed on me 3 times in the last 2 years. I was told by a dealer that there is a limited number of R/W on SSD.

Thanks Marty :bow:

That SSD should not have crashed at all, but I avoid Samsung SSDs because of what already happened to their drives…
That dealer just told you theoretics.

[QUOTE=thor21344;2748366]I did a search on this and did not find anything. just what is better SSD or HDD. I know there is quiet a lot of tech data out there, but would just like opinons at this point. I have a Samsung 2.5 256GB right now and it has crashed on me 3 times in the last 2 years. I was told by a dealer that there is a limited number of R/W on SSD.

Thanks Marty :bow:[/QUOTE]

Dont worry about the limited read.write number, you will probably changing your SSD long before you reach that point.
I dotn follow the word crashed? It wasnt seen on the UEFI/BIOS? If so then thats a hardware problem, if not you could try and see if there is a firmware update for your drive.

The only SSD that failed on me was an OCZ Vertex2 (that had to do with a sandforce bug), the rest of them that I have simply work without any issues.
I was used to a secure erase once a year but since the move on win8.1 i only used the build in TRIM function, other than that no complains from any of my SSDs.

Thanks to both of you,

Marty