Compaq Presario C500 Windows XP installeren

ik heb een buitengewoon scherp geprijsde Compaq Presario C500 aangeschaft, alleen wil ik de vooraf geinstalleerde Windows Vista verwijderen voor Windows XP

probleem is alleen dat ik bij het booten van de Windows XP cd-rom de melding "Setup kan geen vasteschijfstations vinden krijg…lijkt me een gevalletje F6 tijdens het opstarten van de Windows XP cd-rom en dan de (sata) harddisk driver installeren op een diskette…

en daar wringt dus de schoen, ik voel er weinig voor om een USB diskette drive te kopen alleen omdat ik geen trek heb in Vista…is er een andere methode om die driver te installen of sowieso een compleet andere manier om XP te installeren?

alvast bedankt voor jullie antwoord!

nLite is het antwoord. :slight_smile:

thanks voor het antwoord alleen het lukt me niet…ik heb het programaatje geprobeerd (en gekozen voor Drivers importeren, en dan Pnp) alleen als ik de bestanden dan op een cd brand is deze niet bootable (blijkbaar)

Misschien kan iemand me helpen?

Kijk eens op de 5e reactie van deze url

ok thanks zal ik doen (als de pagina tenminste eindelijk een keer wil laden ;))

hope can help you
kkracing – 05/06/07
turn on power button , go into Bios , find out one call XXXX netative, Disable it , then your computer can find the harddisk out ,
NOW … you can install the XP

formating c500
cristian botos – 15/06/07
you have to modify yours dc of windows xp prof with nLITE , SEARCH FOR nLITE with google and install it , then modify the copy inseting sata drivers availeble in HP.com (your laptop device).
Then burn the resulting .iso to a cd. Ready to install. search for the manuals with google …How to inserting drivers to windows xp instalations cd. http://www.vicente-navarro.com/blog/index.php/2007/04/16/integrar-drivers-de-sataraid-en-un-cd-de-instalacion-de-windows-xp/

Here’s help with installing all the Compaq Presario C500 drivers Fernando Roa – 29/05/07

First, I’ve bought two of these beauties and both are on Windows XP. This is the best budget laptop anyone can get a hold of. Both my units work absolutely wonderfully. Talk about bang for the buck!

I. On the new unit, first thing to do is partition the hard drive. Install Windows XP and partition your hard drive. I do this so i do not inadvertently mix my program files with my working documents (it’s an Obsessive-Compulsive thing)

II. Having done the partitioning, you now install the Windows XP program. You will know that the installation is finished because you will already have a desktop on screen. You can already browse your hard drive.

III. DRIVERS’ INSTALLATION (The audio driver is a bit difficult to install but we got it right)

a) Download all the drivers for HP C501TU (don’t ask why) from the HP website.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3347837&lang=en

b) download drivers for XP:

i) Conexant Audio Driver
ii) Synaptic Touchpad
iii) HP Quick Launch buttons
iv) Conexant Modem Driver
v) Wireless assistant driver

IMPORTANT NOTE: When you launch these drivers, they will not install…rather, they will only extract themselves into a directory in your C drive under the folder name “swsetup”. Look for this folder.

a) From this folder, go to the subfolder of the High Definition Audio Driver.
b) Go to My Computer–Properties—hardware–device manager
c) right click sound, video game controllers and update driver…choose "this time only"
d) then choose “install from a specific location” and use the choose "don’t search for driver, i will install"
e) uncheck “show compatible hardware” (the whole list of hardware should now show)
f) look for and highlight Generic USB Audio and then click the right side button "have a disk"
g) browse for the c drive swsetup folder and go to subfolder of HD audio driver. look for the .dll file and double click this.
h) everything in HD audio driver will automatically install into the computer.

AT THIS POINT YOU MUST RESTART THE COMPUTER SO THAT HD AUDIO DRIVER WILL BE COMPLETED.

1. When your computer is finally up again, look for the subfolder for the modem driver and click the “setup” file and this will automatically install the modem.

2. do the same for the wireless lan, touchpad and HP shortcut buttons.

RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AGAIN AND VOILA…ENJOY YOUR C500 TO THE MAX…

by the way, I highly recommend AVG free Virus Cleaner software as your Virus defense. It is simply the best on the market.

Cheers.

In BIOS, disable SATA
2 install XP
3 install the update KB888111 from Microsoft for the HD Audio fix
4 install the Audio and Modem driver get from Compaq
5 Search and install BCM 94301MP/94306MP/94309MP wireless card driver
6 Install Intel GMA 950 driver from Intel
7 nstall the HP Quick Launch Buttons driver from Compaq

[quote=Mr. Belvedere;1841260]Here’s help with installing all the Compaq Presario C500 drivers Fernando Roa – 29/05/07

First, I’ve bought two of these beauties and both are on Windows XP. This is the best budget laptop anyone can get a hold of. Both my units work absolutely wonderfully. Talk about bang for the buck!

I. On the new unit, first thing to do is partition the hard drive. Install Windows XP and partition your hard drive. I do this so i do not inadvertently mix my program files with my working documents (it’s an Obsessive-Compulsive thing)

II. Having done the partitioning, you now install the Windows XP program. You will know that the installation is finished because you will already have a desktop on screen. You can already browse your hard drive.

III. DRIVERS’ INSTALLATION (The audio driver is a bit difficult to install but we got it right)

a) Download all the drivers for HP C501TU (don’t ask why) from the HP website.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3347837&lang=en

b) download drivers for XP:

i) Conexant Audio Driver
ii) Synaptic Touchpad
iii) HP Quick Launch buttons
iv) Conexant Modem Driver
v) Wireless assistant driver

IMPORTANT NOTE: When you launch these drivers, they will not install…rather, they will only extract themselves into a directory in your C drive under the folder name “swsetup”. Look for this folder.

a) From this folder, go to the subfolder of the High Definition Audio Driver.
b) Go to My Computer–Properties—hardware–device manager
c) right click sound, video game controllers and update driver…choose "this time only"
d) then choose “install from a specific location” and use the choose "don’t search for driver, i will install"
e) uncheck “show compatible hardware” (the whole list of hardware should now show)
f) look for and highlight Generic USB Audio and then click the right side button "have a disk"
g) browse for the c drive swsetup folder and go to subfolder of HD audio driver. look for the .dll file and double click this.
h) everything in HD audio driver will automatically install into the computer.

AT THIS POINT YOU MUST RESTART THE COMPUTER SO THAT HD AUDIO DRIVER WILL BE COMPLETED.

1. When your computer is finally up again, look for the subfolder for the modem driver and click the “setup” file and this will automatically install the modem.

2. do the same for the wireless lan, touchpad and HP shortcut buttons.

RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AGAIN AND VOILA…ENJOY YOUR C500 TO THE MAX…

by the way, I highly recommend AVG free Virus Cleaner software as your Virus defense. It is simply the best on the market.

Cheers.[/quote]

1.) I’ve downloaded the laptop’s XP drivers, the right ones.
2.) There is no such High Definition Audio Driver subfolder in the extracted SWSetup folder tho i know the file i have to select. :slight_smile:
3.) If You [B]rightclick[/B] [B]sound[/B], [B]video game controllers [/B] and you will get an update driver option in XP SP2 i’ll give you 1000 $ :slight_smile:

hui