Compact Flash Memory Deals

Yeah, I know it’s unusual for me to do this, but I am looking for the best possible deal on a 1GB Compact Flash Memory Card for my Canon Digital Camera. I believe it requires the old Compact Flash Type 1. Any deals?

Do you live near a microcenter?

I know they have good prices on that type of memory. Sorry if my advice sucks I am still in total awe of everyone else’s superior knowledge.

Nope, I would have to have it shipped from microcenter but I will check them out anyways. Thanks

Okay I am only interested in 1GB or less memory since I just want this for a digital camera and I don’t need insane amounts of memory. I have narrowed it down to these two:

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku.jsp?skuId=21156400&cm_mmc=Pricegrabber--Technology--Memory_Cards_Readers-_-CompactFlash_Memory_Cards&srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=10-54873002-2

http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-technology-1gb-compact-flash-card/q/loc/101/10370784.html

I too am watching for one of these, I am thinking of getting a 2 gig from my local Office Depot for $19.99 and using a $10 off $20 coupon Officemax coupon. With something really small as a filler so it only costs me a bit over 10 bucks. I bought my wife a 10.1 Canon XTI for Xmas and that was the best deal on CF memory I could find.
budzos

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1936453]Nope, I would have to have it shipped from microcenter but I will check them out anyways. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I was glad to try to be an assistance to the collective. LoL

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1936382]Yeah, I know it’s unusual for me to do this, but I am looking for the best possible deal on a 1GB Compact Flash Memory Card for my Canon Digital Camera. I believe it requires the old Compact Flash Type 1. Any deals?[/QUOTE]

What camera do you use? The reason I ask this is to determine what speed the memory should be. I have a Canon 300D and it can work with slower memory because of its write capacity to the card. Many newer cameras have a very high write speed and need faster memory to take full advantage of their speed.

[QUOTE=budzos;1936477]I too am watching for one of these, I am thinking of getting a 2 gig from my local Office Depot for $19.99 and using a $10 off $20 coupon Officemax coupon. With something really small as a filler so it only costs me a bit over 10 bucks. I bought my wife a 10.1 Canon XTI for Xmas and that was the best deal on CF memory I could find.
budzos[/QUOTE]

With a newer DSLR make sure you match the speed of the memory to the write speed of the camera. Cheaper memory usually means it is slower and this might greatly reduce your camera’s shot to shot times.

[QUOTE=UTR;1936713]What camera do you use? The reason I ask this is to determine what speed the memory should be. I have a Canon 300D and it can work with slower memory because of its write capacity to the card. Many newer cameras have a very high write speed and need faster memory to take full advantage of their speed.[/QUOTE]

I have the Canon Powershot A300.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/a300.html

Since you have an older camera I would guess any of the compact flash cards available today are plenty fast. Are you sure it can format and use a 1gb card?

if you have frys in your area or check frys.com for deal on memory stick sort of things. OD has CF/SD deal on their black friday ads, be sure to check it out

[QUOTE=UTR;1936755]Since you have an older camera I would guess any of the compact flash cards available today are plenty fast. Are you sure it can format and use a 1gb card?[/QUOTE]

Quite honestly I have no idea. I will try to do some searching on the net.