Common cd freaks lingo

vbimport

I come to cdfreaks.com quite often just so I can check up on the latest cd burning, mp3, etc. news, but do not really leave many comments or post much in the forum. I have noticed though, in many of the comments made by other members, that a lot of people use words like mate and talk about olli a LOT! I like to visit other boards also, but the dialogue on those sites is usually much different.

Mate is a word that i very seldomly hear. When I do hear it though it makes me think of either an Australian or someone referring to their homosexual lover.

I also see that people praise olli as if he was a religious figure.

Can someone please explain to me why so many of the members here talk this way. Are there a lot of foreign (non-American) members on this board? :confused:

This website is owned by Dutch people and most of the mods/admins are still Dutch (although we have found some non-Dutch people to team up with us, thank heavens for that :wink: )

So the answer to your question of a lot of non-US people come here would be definately yes. Not only do we get people from US and the Netherlands, but from Australia, New Zealand, India, Norway, UK, Sweden, Belgium, France, Italy and many many many more countries.

Olli is the man (Oliver Kastl) who created CloneCD, the wonderful program that allows you to back up certain discs that cannot be backed up by other programs. So yes, the man is considered a saint by a lot of people on this forum :wink:

As for the word ‘mate’, it simply means pal or friend. You must understand that this forum has grown into a community where people get to know each other over time. Other people from strange places down under ( :wink: ) use the word often as well.

You can find a lot of info of various users in this thread:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=46399
And a few other threads as well, you only have to use our search to find them :wink:

first of all, Welcome.

2nd of all

Mate is a word that i very seldomly hear. When I do hear it though it makes me think of either an Australian or someone referring to their homosexual lover.

if you hear me calling people Mate a lot, its because I AM an aussie…not a homosexual.

just for the record :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by ewker
I also see that people praise olli as if he was a religious figure.

Isn’t he?:bow:

Btw, when used by an aussie, “mate” generally means a fellow sufferer rather than merely a friend.:wink:

I think most people on this board :bow: to Olli. :slight_smile:

Olli was the FIRST to make a fully working cloning program so why shouldn’t we worship him? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes I know that there is other programs (now, but not in the beginning) that does the same as CloneCD. (Wondering how many of the authors of these programs that have been reverse engineering CloneCD to look for the secrets and then just rewrote some code so they can’t be sued for it…note that this is my words and I do not know if it’s true at all).

I’ve been using CloneCD since version 1.0.0.4, downloaded it and installed it two days after it was released (And my lovely Mitsumi CR-4804TE was actually one of the 5-6 writers that worked fully with the first versions:cool: )…used it ever since…

(Wondering how many of the authors of these programs that have been reverse engineering CloneCD to look for the secrets and then just rewrote some code so they can’t be sued for it…note that this is my words and I do not know if it’s true at all).

Well, according to Olli, The CD Mate crew “borrowed” CCD3’s AWS algorithm. When I had an ongoing e-mail chat with one of the CD Mate crew (about Clony), he continually tip-toed around the subject of Sector Amplification.

didnt betablocker do it in the first place? its probably not the same algorithm, but just a thought :wink:

“common cd freaks lingo”

I clicked on this thinking that it may be Cd Freaks sponsored “CD Eubonics” or something similar. I’m glad it didn’t degenerate into that. It would have looked like those 2 webpages “If so and so ran Cd Freaks, this is what it would look like”. That was funny.

Yes, I’m a foreigner. Canada.

Perhaps it’s a Commonwealth thing, but I knew what m8 & mate was about.