Command & Conquer General

vbimport

Has anyone has any luck backing up this game yet? Game Copy World said it is Safe Disc v2 but I doubt that.

And what does ClonyXXL make of it ?

Originally posted by gamesfanatic
Has anyone has any luck backing up this game yet? Game Copy World said it is Safe Disc v2 but I doubt that.

Why? The previous C&C games are Safedisc protected

It’s an EA game so it’s almost certainly safedisc 2.80.010 and hotwired to run only from the installation drive just like every other recently released EA game.

just bought it.
made a backup of both disks using CloneCD 3.3.4.1 with my Lite-On 40125S.
game installs and plays perfect using the backups.
Disk1 has the protection on it, Disk2 has no protection on it from what i can tell.

Yes. 100% certain its Safedisc 2.80.010 :slight_smile:

what were the settings you used to copy c&c generals successfully?

mackchrist please read this thread on backing-up the SafeDisc v2.80.010 protection.

Is this game any good?

it still doesn’t say what the settings are for ccd…

the latest clonyxxl doesn’t make a profile like the old version did :a However check this site for a sd2 profile or just use the game profile. If you read the faq then all will be revealed :smiley:

Originally posted by mackchrist
it still doesn’t say what the settings are for ccd…

to make a working back-up of SD 2.8 with ccd is very hardware depenable.
if is dont work with ccd there is a good chance that it wil work with alcohol 120%

hburrows83

game is pretty good.
looks really nice.
seems alot slower than compared to Red Alert 2.
can’t speed it up from what i can see in the settings either.

New member to the forums, but I would like to thank G@M3FR3@K for his time in developing profiles for ccd4.:slight_smile: Have a standard Plexy 16/10/40A, and just duped C&C Generals flawlessly.

Tried Blindwrite v4.2.8.0 haven’t tried on Clone CD yet. With the Lite On CDRW the back up work flawlessly without hide CDR checked.:bigsmile:

Backed up fine for me, with 48246S @ 52246S using CCD 4.2.0.2

sd2.8 can’t be copied by lite-on 52X without hide cdr media on even if the disc is put in a non writing drive???
If hide is enabled, than the copy will work.

Can anyone explane?

Originally posted by Jay Sea
[B]sd2.8 can’t be copied by lite-on 52X without hide cdr media on even if the disc is put in a non writing drive???
If hide is enabled, than the copy will work.

Can anyone explane? [/B]
Its because the Hide CDR Media function also emulates protections aswell as blocking ATIP info. You do not have a 1:1 backup which is why you require Hide CDR Media even in a non ATIP reading device. Mnay people say that they cannot achieve a working standalone backup of Safedisc 2.8 protected games using Clone CD. However, Im surprised your 52x Lite-On fails! My Lite-Ons are all fine without Hide CDR Media enabled in non ATIP reading drives.

I used your profile in ccd 4.2.0.2 so that should work?
safedisk 2+ (for 2 sheep burners)

Originally posted by Jay Sea
I used your profile in ccd 4.2.0.2 so that should work?
safedisk 2+ (for 2 sheep burners)

Yes, it should work. BUT often it won’t as far as Safedisc 2.8 and Clone CD is concerned. There is deffinently an issue that everyone knows about when it comes to backing up Safedisc 2.8 protected games using Clone CD. Thats why Hide CDR Media does more than it used to.
There is advantages on this new approach. It allows non capable burners to make successful backups with the aid of the excellent EWS option.