Command and conquer zero hour settings?

vbimport

i was wondering wat setting to use to make an image of command and conquer zero hour (alcohol 120) i know its safedisc 2.9 but should i use the safedisc 2\3 setting? or some other custom setting? and am i supposed to get a whole ton of read errors??? thanx alot u guys rock

You will need to use either the SafeDisc profile of the SafeDisc 2/3 depending on what your CD burning is. If you post it then we can tell you which one.

The read errors are normal for SafeDisc. They stop after ~10% done.

what do u mean by cd wat my cd burning is?? and my errors came at the end…round 97 percent? and the reason im asking this is because when i installed (from a image) at 100% of installation it says " Error 1305. Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\AudioEnglishZH.big. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it" ???

Originally posted by nima_haghighi
what do u mean by cd wat my cd burning is?? and my errors came at the end…round 97 percent? and the reason im asking this is because when i installed (from a image) at 100% of installation it says " Error 1305. Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\AudioEnglishZH.big. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it" ???

Well if errors came at the end that is a Ring Protech game. Check the CD, and see if there is a ring near the outside of the CD.

so how to solve it??

You are on right track “nima_haghighi”, but there are two things which are important to burn this game successfully.

1. When Burning DO NOT PUT YOUR BURNER SPEED MORE THAN 4x, if you do the game will start to degrade itself after certain amount of time.
  2. This game also have feature which make it possible not to install or run from virtual drive. In another you must burn to cd. ( I will recommend try cd-rw first just to make sure workable back up)

Summary: to run this game without original cd. It is necessary to burn on burnable media. (In another words this game doesn’t work on virtual drive)

That is absolutly not true. I have used virtual drives with Zero Hour ever since I bought it several years ago. I have never had any problems. Just make an image of your CD with the SafeDisk 2/3 setting(in Alcohol 120%) and then mount the image in Daemon Tools.