Coming Soon: Automated Piracy Identification & Settlement System

vbimport

[B]

Nexicon auto-generates DMCA notices to a suspected illegal file-sharer’s ISP which is then forwarded with an e-mail link for the “GetAmnesty” website.
[/B]

Link: http://www.zeropaid.com/news/9755/Coming%20Soon:%20Automated%20Piracy%20Identification%20&%20Settlement%20System

:cool::cool:

Indeed!

Just posted this article on the front page of CDFreaks.

It will not be popular among music listeners and YouTube fans, but I am sure the RIAA will absolutely love it! I e-mailed Nexicon and hope to hear back from the company later this week, but have doubts as to whether or not anything other than canned responses will be offered up.

Cheers!

[B]A[/B]utomated [B]P[/B]iracy [B]I[/B]dentification & [B]S[/B]ettlement [B]S[/B]ystem … so the copyright holders are taking A PISS?! :eek: :doh:

Wouldnt using a program like peerguardian stop this? Seems like it would to me

PLATINUMSWORD
I wouldn’t worry just yet. This is just more of
hollywoods desperation in trying to stop it. The
problem is there are a lot of computer systems with
firewalls ,and other protections. My problem with this
is not stopping the piracy,but the hacking into peoples
privacy. I think there will be a lot of legal challenges by
the FCC,and the A.C.L.U. to block that company for
a while.
ZAP.:clap::bow:

going beyond all the legal aspects of file sharing, i actually think that if a system similar to this gets perfected it would be really good for artist profit.

they could still make money and cut out the record labels, who are the ones really making the money now. :slight_smile:

from cdfreaks member signals, original post can be found here
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2130232-post3.html

From: CopyrightInfringement [mailto:hboinfringements@removed]
Sent: Xxxxday, September 98, 2008 3:40 PM
To: security
Subject: Case ID xxxxxxxxxxx - Notice of Claimed Infringement
xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Xxxxday, September 98, 2008

(name and address of ISP removed)

RE: Unauthorized Distribution of the Copyrighted Television Program Entitled
True Blood

Dear Security:

We are writing this letter on behalf of Home Box Office, Inc. (“HBO”).

We have received information leading us to believe that an individual has utilized the below-referenced IP address at the noted date and time to offer downloads of copyrighted television program(s) through a “peer-to-peer” service, including such title(s) as:

True Blood

The distribution of unauthorized copies of copyrighted television programs constitutes copyright infringement under the Copyright Act, Title 17 United States Code Section 106(3).

Since you own this IP address (xx.rem.ove.d54), we request that you immediately do the following:

1. Disable access to the individual who has engaged in the conduct described above; and/or
  2. Take other appropriate action against the account holder under your Abuse Policy/Terms of Service Agreement.

On behalf of HBO, owner of the exclusive rights to the copyrighted material at issue in this notice, we hereby state, that we have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by HBO, its respective agents, or the law.

Also, we hereby state, under penalty of perjury, under the laws of the State of New York and under the laws of the United States, that the information in this notification is accurate and that we are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive rights being infringed as set forth in this notification.

Please direct any end user queries to the following address:

S…Net DMCA
(address removed)

I am kind of torn on this. I think that once you buy something it is yours to do with what you wish. Meaning if I go out and buy a CD (LOL, I don’t because I have two iPods but hypothetical) and I have paid xxx amount of money for it…I now own it…which means I should legally be able to do whatever I want with it. If that means burning copy after copy or uploading it into my iTunes then I should be able to do it. Same goes for P2P sharing…in my opinion

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2130057][B]A[/B]utomated [B]P[/B]iracy [B]I[/B]dentification & [B]S[/B]ettlement [B]S[/B]ystem … so the copyright holders are taking A PISS?! :eek: :doh:[/QUOTE]

Ooooh. That’s unfortunate evil grin :bigsmile:

True…BUT the person you are shareing/downloading the files from you using P2P software didn’t buy it … End of message :cool:

Hey guys, I sent an e-mail over to Nexicon, and will let you know what I hear back.

[QUOTE=troy512;2130225]going beyond all the legal aspects of file sharing, i actually think that if a system similar to this gets perfected it would be really good for artist profit.

they could still make money and cut out the record labels, who are the ones really making the money now. :)[/QUOTE]

troy
Both you and I know this is nothing to do with rewarding the the artist and every thing to do with the studio and record label if the RIAA ever sends them the money.
To make my position clear if I want a cd or film other than that transmitted into my home via sky etc I will go out and purchase it. However the price charged in the UK by suppliers is often over priced. Therefore I forgo the pleasure unless someone gives me the item as a Birthday or Christmas present.
I further believe that copyright should be 30 years max, not the 70 years or more that they are pushing for.

WEEDOUGIE
Some of the dvd’s,and music I buy from the U.K. are
not much higher then the prices here in the united states.
Hollywoods threats with nexicon are not working anyway
most of the bit torrents,limewire etc… change versions
all the time. If hollywood could really stop piracy they would
not still be offering a million dollar reward.
ZAP.:bigsmile::bow: