Comcast adds more content partners

I just posted the article Comcast adds more content partners.

Comcast is working with a variety of companies to bring additional content to its online portal, responding to increased viewing pressure from Hulu and similar video sites that are absorbing valuable …

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/16202-Comcast-adds-more-content-partners.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/16202-Comcast-adds-more-content-partners.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

So… if I watch a lot of online video, from Comcast’s partners… will it be exempt from the bandwidth cap? (The way OnDemand, and other stuff through the cable dvr/box, are?

And will there be HD (like competing services offer) to really chew up the bandwidth?

If it’s not exempt, it’s not going to be nearly as successful as it might otherwise be. If it is exempt, there’d be some anti-competition, going on… of a ruther obvious variety that might be enough to capture the attention of regulators… (And a real good chance that competing internet services - when any - would nudge the regulators and point…).

" So… if I watch a lot of online video, from Comcast’s partners… will it be exempt from the bandwidth cap? (The way OnDemand, and other stuff through the cable dvr/box, are?"

Ohh, trust me, it will count against your cap of 250GB. They do not want you watching TV online. It is more competition for them. These cable companies have enjoyed a monopolistic like power in most areas. The internet is so great that it throws competition in their face without a company having to install an infrastructure which is costly. They, the cable companies, are still trying to impose caps. Comcast has had its 250GB/month limit for awhile now. Sounds reasonable but as video streaming because more and more popular, it won’t be much at all in a month.

And $.99 for a TV episode? How about adding a few minutes of advertising in there and make it free? Because if you don’t offer it free, people are going to go to Hulu and other free places to watch their TV episodes.

I still wont use comcast, there still guilty of throttling your connection…god forbid your sharing files legal or not. and I will NEVER Pay for a tv show, I already paid for cable so I can watch it the first time!..So they want you to pay twice for TV? Typical.