Comcast 250 Gb bandwidth limit - what's the way around?

vbimport

Well, even though I signed up for Comcast ISP well before October 1 2008, got a call regarding going over the 250 Gb limit.
Based on the recent file sizes this limit is quite a joke!
Are there are unlimited provides or what’s the way around?

Upgrade to the business plan, there is NO limit.

Switch ISP
//Danne

250GB is lot of data to go through in a single month!!

Here in Ireland, most ISPs have a 10GB fair use limit on their basic package and I’m paying a hefty premium on my ISP package just to get a 40GB limit.

As far as I’m aware of, the only workaround is to switch ISP or change to the business plan.

I recommend switching…Comcast SUCKS here!

[QUOTE=elfdood;2516375]Upgrade to the business plan, there is NO limit.[/QUOTE]

I already did - thank you so much!

[QUOTE=Seán;2516440]250GB is lot of data to go through in a single month!!
Here in Ireland, most ISPs have a 10GB fair use limit on their basic package and I’m paying a hefty premium on my ISP package just to get a 40GB limit.
As far as I’m aware of, the only workaround is to switch ISP or change to the business plan.[/QUOTE]

:slight_smile:

Comcast kept leaving me voicevails daily for me to call them back. They kept calling every day so went ahead and finally answered knowing it was a CSA over the 250 limit call. It was a simple warning. :cop: She said if I go over the 250GB limit again my internet will be shut off for 12 months. After reading around I found this forum here suggesting people switched to Business class to get unlimited bandwidth. http://business.comcast.com/internet/plans.aspx As you can see the rate is DOUBLE though. I pay $52.95 now and it would be $99.95 for same the same 20Mbps/5Mbps. (unlimited though) The question I have is, if I get dinged a second time and residential Comcast cuts me off, can I switch to Business class “after” that point? (or needs to be before the infraction?) I called the Business Class comcast sales line, he said it would be a whole new separate account. He couldn’t confirm though if the other shut down would affect anything. (he didn’t think so though) So yeah while I’d like worry free unlimited, I don’t want to double my cost unless I “need” to before I’m cut off at some point. Suggestions or inside info? :confused:

So the work around I have found is to get a new modem, the 250GB is recorded per modem, I rent my modems so when I get close to my limit, I go in and pick up a new one from the office making up some lame excuse. Then for a short time I will have two modems on the same account this is only temporary but once I return my old modem my usage meter will stay the same regardless of how much more I use. I hope this makes sense. well I want to not have to hassle with this anymore and would like a static IP address so I am going to cave and go with business class for at least now, but that is what I have been doing never gone over their limit as far as they know anyways.