Combo drive LTC-48161H does not read DVDs

vbimport

I have a LTC-48161H combo drive flashed with the latest firmware. Suddenly a few days ago, it stopped recognising DVDs of any type while it can read and write CDs perfectly. Has anyone encountered such a problem and found a solution?

[QUOTE=jclimaye;1099417]I have a LTC-48161H combo drive flashed with the latest firmware. Suddenly a few days ago, it stopped recognising DVDs of any type while it can read and write CDs perfectly. Has anyone encountered such a problem and found a solution?[/QUOTE]

Im also having drive issues with this one , could just be the type of CDs or DVDs, nero burning complains of “Power Calibration Error” and this is not just
happening to me with the same type of DVD burner.

My problems only happen when I try to write to CDc or dvds.

I would just like to know if it is a hardware or Driver issue ?

Why would you compare a Combo drive with a dvd burner??

[QUOTE=chef;2433756]Why would you compare a Combo drive with a dvd burner??[/QUOTE]

Sorry , I do not exactly understand your question , if jclimaye said he successfully wrote to CDs then I beleive him , however the whole pc was given to me and I now see why with all the faults it has.

At this stage I have not yet successfully written anything to DVDs or CDs using
this Combo drive LTC-48161H. Are you saying that this Combo drive LTC-48161H is only made to read and not to write data to CDs ?

[QUOTE=auto78900;2433765]Sorry , I do not exactly understand your question , if jclimaye said he successfully wrote to CDs then I beleive him , however the whole pc was given to me and I now see why with all the faults it has.

At this stage I have not yet successfully written anything to DVDs or CDs using
this Combo drive LTC-48161H. Are you saying that this Combo drive LTC-48161H is only made to read and not to write data to CDs ?[/QUOTE]

http://www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=76&Itemid=89
This drive cannot burn DVD at all…

A combo drive will only write to CD.
It supposedly will read DVD.
I have a Plextor 712 DVD writer that failed by becoming only a CD writer and a flaky DVD reader. It would no longer write to DVD.

Recently, like yourself, I got a used PC with a TSST H492A Combo drive. It seems to write CD’s fine but will not read ANY form of DVD. Re-flashing did not help and there is no upgrade firmware. Guess that’s just the way it is but I’m curious if this is kind of a common failure mode.