Collecting YouTube clips onto a DVD

vbimport

What’s the best way to extract YouTube video clips and burn onto a DVD?

Thx for any! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=rasmasyean;2064801]What’s the best way to extract YouTube video clips and burn onto a DVD?

Thx for any! :)[/QUOTE]

That’s slippery slope as you don’t own the rights to those videos and plus we can’t give help on such matters that you do not own or have rights to…you should check the forum rules when you joined…

Many You Tube Videos are not copyrighted. My son has You Tube Videos. It all depends if the content is copyrighted. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt here.

www.vixy.net allows YouTube videos to be converted to downloadable avi files…

thanks.

You can also try the Video DownloadHelper plugin for firefox. It also works with similar pages like youtube :wink:

Can I use Adobe to make a DVD from flv files?

I realized that it lets me DL it with the Realplayer.

This is how I do this for non copyrighted You Tubes.
All freeware except CloneDVD2.
I use the YouTube Downloader available at YouTube site.
http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/
Connvert the URL with it .This will be a .flv file.
Then with the YouTube Downloader select Convert Video.
Put in the .flv you created then in the convert to pulldown choose one of the available formats .
Convert to same folder.
Or if you want to put it on a DVD disc from the .flv
Use VSO DivxToDVD
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd_free.cfm
Open the chosen files in the Source File(you can put in several .flv’s at the same time).Create a destination folder.A VIDEO_TS file will be created.
I create an empty AUDIO_TS it the same Folder as the VIDEO_TS .

Then put these in your DVD burning program.
I use CloneDVD2 but I’m sure most others would work.
Of course they will still just be the YouTube quality.I have ran a few through SUPER converter & created a “simulated 2 channel” since a lot are in mono.I’m sure this is just a duplicate of the mono but it sound better on a stereo.
Also if you want a Menu you can use DVDStyler.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2064823]Many You Tube Videos are not copyrighted. My son has You Tube Videos. It all depends if the content is copyrighted. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt here.[/QUOTE]

Well I wasn’t sure…but you do know youtube as getting takedown from various media outlets so that why I cautioned from all the news and what I read so far…

I find the whole argument kind of trivial. I mean, YouTube quality is so inferior that mostly everyone who wants to see the movie and stuff will not rely on piecing YouTube clips together. If you were going to be satisfied with the “YouTube entertainment” you would never have bought the video anyway. But hey, one thing for sure is that it’s good to be lawyer in these situations! :wink:

rasmasyean;Did you try the method I posted ?
Did it work for you?
I know it works for me I just like to know if I have made the directions clear enough.